The Student Room Group

Dinner date at his house - what to wear?!

The guy I'm dating has invited me around to his place to cook me dinner. This will be our fourth date so pretty early days. We are both in our late 20s

I was just wondering what would be best to wear?? I don't want to be overdressed but don't want to be casual to the extent of what I'd wear at home. As in should I wear something smart casual like what I would wear to a casual dinner out?

I'm not going to be sleeping with him or anything as I don't know if he is seeing others etc so will just be having dinner and a chat about this

Thanks
A skirt and a nice top or if your not comfortable in a skirt then black jeans and a really smart shirt
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
A skirt and a nice top or if your not comfortable in a skirt then black jeans and a really smart shirt

Yes I think black jeans and a nice top will be good, perhaps with some nice earrings

Also. Do you think he will be expecting sex? Its the fourth date but I do not feel ready yet and don't want to give him the wrong impression.
Yes I think black jeans and a nice top will be good, perhaps with some nice earrings

Also. Do you think he will be expecting sex? Its the fourth date but I do not feel ready yet and don't want to give him the wrong impression.

It's a 50/50, but I don't think so.
Just take protection
Dress to casually impress. So not lounging around at home, but also not going to an interview. Jeans and a nice top. Nobody should be "expecting" sex at this stage. If you're not feeling it, he should be decent enough to understand and wait. He's impressed you through 3 dates so hopefully he's a good guy and won't pressure you.
heya don't stress Lol, if a guy loves u then. tbh he would not give 1 what u were...its the inside that matters nore
Reply 7
Original post by DrawTheLine
Dress to casually impress. So not lounging around at home, but also not going to an interview. Jeans and a nice top. Nobody should be "expecting" sex at this stage. If you're not feeling it, he should be decent enough to understand and wait. He's impressed you through 3 dates so hopefully he's a good guy and won't pressure you.

Thanks yeh. I don't think so either. It gets quite expensive eating out/ drinks in the city so will be nice to have a meal at home.

I will be ready/ want too soon to be honest but I just don't know if he is still looking around or just wants casual sex. As I only sleep with people if we are exclusive and they are not looking for something casual
A shrek costume.
Thanks yeh. I don't think so either. It gets quite expensive eating out/ drinks in the city so will be nice to have a meal at home.

I will be ready/ want too soon to be honest but I just don't know if he is still looking around or just wants casual sex. As I only sleep with people if we are exclusive and they are not looking for something casual

Maybe that's something you could bring up on your date. The "what are we" convo.
The guy I'm dating has invited me around to his place to cook me dinner. This will be our fourth date so pretty early days. We are both in our late 20s

I was just wondering what would be best to wear?? I don't want to be overdressed but don't want to be casual to the extent of what I'd wear at home. As in should I wear something smart casual like what I would wear to a casual dinner out?

I'm not going to be sleeping with him or anything as I don't know if he is seeing others etc so will just be having dinner and a chat about this

Thanks

Wear one of those Aubrey Hepburn jackets like those long ones with belts, and with nothing underneath

Thanks

Spoiler

Wear one of those Aubrey Hepburn jackets like those long ones with belts, and with nothing underneath
Maybe that's something you could bring up on your date. The "what are we" convo.

Yes I will do and see what he says. Do you think date 4 is too soon to chat about it though? I feel I have to bring it up before sex

I find this so annoying about online dating these days. Though he said he is very new to online dating so perhaps he hasn't thought about it
Men always want sex. If he is a gentleman he will not insist.
Yes I will do and see what he says. Do you think date 4 is too soon to chat about it though? I feel I have to bring it up before sex

I find this so annoying about online dating these days. Though he said he is very new to online dating so perhaps he hasn't thought about it

It's hard to say because it depends how close you are. If he brings up sex or gets pretty cuddly with you, then say "let's stop here and have a chat about what we are".
It's hard to say because it depends how close you are. If he brings up sex or gets pretty cuddly with you, then say "let's stop here and have a chat about what we are".

Thats really helpful thank you
There was a lot of kissing and hand holding etc on the last date
I think going to somebodys house is quite a personal thing but will also give us the chance to talk about it
Thats really helpful thank you
There was a lot of kissing and hand holding etc on the last date
I think going to somebodys house is quite a personal thing but will also give us the chance to talk about it

I'd say it's the perfect time to talk about it. You're in a private setting so you can be honest about what you want. And if it turns out you both want to be exclusive you can get busy straight away :wink:

Thanks

Clothes
I NEED to know what happens !!
Original post by scarinthecity
I NEED to know what happens !!

*Happened

(It was 4 years ago.)

Latest

Trending

Trending