Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had a date last night with a girl I met through tinder and while the date went well, I just don't think I could see us being any more than friends. She was talking about how she has only had 1 real relationship and how she was really glad that I asked her out for a drink and then said she would really like to do it again some time then asked for my number. Since she seemed genuinely happy that I had asked her out I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't think things would work out between us so I agreed to meet again at some point. She has been texting me this morning saying that she enjoyed last night and I don;t want to seem horrible by saying we shouldn't go out again.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Do you think I should go on the second date just to see if I end up feeling differently or not? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Give the second date a shot, but if you can't see the relationship going further, tell her right then and there. The sooner you tell the truth the easier it'll be on the both of you
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Stop playing games, tell her what you told us because you'll hurt her even more by leading her on when you're not feeling it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.