How many A2s are you doing? Watch

This discussion is closed.
~Sam~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I did English, Geography, Psychology and History for AS (got AAAB) and have now dropped history so I will end up with three A levels. The thing is I have sooo many frees this year, and I think I'll probably end up being so bored. I coped fine with four subjects last year, and think I probably should have kept history but I just really hate it. Will I be at a disadvantagement compared to people with four Alevels when applying or uni? How many is everyone else doing?
m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I did English, Geography, Psychology and History for AS (got AAAB) and have now dropped history so I will end up with three A levels. The thing is I have sooo many frees this year, and I think I'll probably end up being so bored. I coped fine with four subjects last year, and think I probably should have kept history but I just really hate it. Will I be at a disadvantagement compared to people with four Alevels when applying or uni? How many is everyone else doing?
I did Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computing - completely different subjects, but i got the same grades as you, and have dropped computing this year.
i don't think we'll be disadvantaged- unis generally only ask for 3 subjects
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
i thought that, and i did an extra AS. how you cope with it depends on your motivation, how much work you do in your free periods (i did virtually nil :rolleyes: ) i coped, even when i thought i couldn't, i could really, because of my lack of motivation and lack of planning with work. your ability in the subject also helps a little towards how you cope with it
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm doing 5 (Geog, Econ, Maths, German and Bio), plus critical thinking AS. My timetable this year is, um, interesting!
Pixelfairy #1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
I did Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computing...
I'm continuing those 4 for A2 this year... I did french as well last year, although I think 5 is probably too many for any (normal) person to do in upper 6th :rolleyes:
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
I'm continuing those 4 for A2 this year... I did french as well last year, although I think 5 is probably too many for any (normal) person to do in upper 6th :rolleyes:
yeah, just look at ellie!
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah, just look at ellie!
:eek:
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
:eek:
erm....sorry
RachelBabyfrog
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did English Lit, History, German and RS + General Studies last year. I got AAAAA and have dropped German. I haven't decided whether to bother doing GS this year, as none of the places I'm applying accept it. But I'm doing 3 proper ones.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
erm....sorry
:mad: Naughty! *Spank, spank*
RachelBabyfrog
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
Lol, I know someone who is doing SIX full A2s. Lunatic!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
4 - Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics. I hate Economics so much. Makes me want to die
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:mad: Naughty! *Spank, spank*
okay, now i'm not even that sorry
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
3/38 got an A in Economics in my school, and 10 got U's.
:eek: No way!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
3/38 got an A in Economics in my school, and 10 got U's.
I scraped an A (83%). I didn't switch to do a different AS because I thought that it was such an easy subject and was so easy to do well in, the fact that it's also immensely boring was just a mild inconvenience. I also thought that I'd completely caned the exams. Obviously I was wrong . Not sure that I can take another year...
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
I scraped an A (83%). I didn't switch to do a different AS because I thought that it was such an easy subject and was so easy to do well in, the fact that it's also immensely boring was just a mild inconvenience. I also thought that I'd completely caned the exams. Obviously I was wrong . Not sure that I can take another year...
i thought people found economics hard :confused: or is that just for gcse?
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everyone thinks econ's the doss subject in my school. Hmm. How anyone can say it's boring though, why, that's almost blasphemy!!!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's apparently hard at A2; AS is mostly common sense though.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everyone thinks econ's the doss subject in my school. Hmm. How anyone can say it's boring though, why, that's almost blasphemy!!!
It's becoming more and more like Geography every day *cries*
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah, i know, loads and loads of people from my school take it, esp a lot of the new y12's that came last year, although they haven't studied it
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads