Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I sent a letter on the 15th of October with details of a change in circumstances that means that one of my parents will no longer be supporting me. I called recently and was told that my student finance account will be updated by the 14th of November but I have received a letter today with details of my loan (the same amount as before the change in circumstances) saying 'This offer of student finance replaces any offer you have received in the past'. When I called they told me to ignore this and keep a look out for something before the 14th but I can't help but wonder why I have received the letter.
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyBud)
    Hi,
    I sent a letter on the 15th of October with details of a change in circumstances that means that one of my parents will no longer be supporting me. I called recently and was told that my student finance account will be updated by the 14th of November but I have received a letter today with details of my loan (the same amount as before the change in circumstances) saying 'This offer of student finance replaces any offer you have received in the past'. When I called they told me to ignore this and keep a look out for something before the 14th but I can't help but wonder why I have received the letter.
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Hi StudyBud,

Every time an assessor reviews your application or changes are made, it will generate a new Notification of Entitlement letter, even if the funding remains the same. We have no access to specific accounts here to advise the reason why.

Let me ask you some questions to help you better.

Can you advise me of the reason that only one parent is supporting your application ?

Secondly did you send any evidence of the new marital status of the parent, that is continuing to support your application, when you sent us this letter ?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi StudyBud,

Every time an assessor reviews your application or changes are made, it will generate a new Notification of Entitlement letter, even if the funding remains the same. We have no access to specific accounts here to advise the reason why.

Let me ask you some questions to help you better.

Can you advise me of the reason that only one parent is supporting your application ?

Secondly did you send any evidence of the new marital status of the parent, that is continuing to support your application, when you sent us this letter ?

Thanks Rona
    Hi Rona,
    My parents have separated and my Dad is no longer living with my family. I sent in a council tax bill showing that my mum is now the single adult occupant.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyBud)
    Hi Rona,
    My parents have separated and my Dad is no longer living with my family. I sent in a council tax bill showing that my mum is now the single adult occupant.

Hi StudyBud,

Thank you for answering those questions, once the marital status evidence is processed and accepted, you can be confident that you will be reassessed on your mum's income only and any additional support you are entitled to, for term one, will be backdated and submitted into your account as an extra payment, an interim payment and the next two instalments adjusted.

This type of evidence is currently taking 21 working days to be reviewed,

As you previously advised you sent the evidence on October 15, to give you an estimated timescale when your application will be reviewed, if we say that it was received Tuesday October 17, you can expect processing by Wednesday November 15 and your online account updated by Thursday November 16.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.