Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which universities accept functional skills maths and english Watch

ReputationRep:
    i am currently at college doing a access course to HE diploma science and health related proffessions i do not have maths and english gcse's i have functional skills level 2 in both subjects. i intend to apply for uni to study occupationl therapy. are there any unis that will accept fucntional skills ? i have 4 years background experience in health care and nvq level 2 and 3 social care
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Phidelis)
    i am currently at college doing a access course to HE diploma science and health related proffessions i do not have maths and english gcse's i have functional skills level 2 in both subjects. i intend to apply for uni to study occupationl therapy. are there any unis that will accept fucntional skills ? i have 4 years background experience in health care and nvq level 2 and 3 social care
    Normally the standard is GCSE.

What you need to do is select 6-10 unis you are interested in an check the requirements. It may make it clear. As a rule of thumb the less eilte the uni then the more likely they are to be flexible. I dont believe theres a consolidated list and you will need to do some research as above.

In the event you find a uni you are interested in and it says GCSE only or doesnt mention FS, then contact them as sometimes they can be flexible and will take into account your experience. You have nothing to lose.

In the event you find a uni you are super keen on and they wont budge, then just sit GCSE.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.