Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thoughts on getting back with an ex years later Watch

ReputationRep:
    The recent Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber news has got me thinking. Do you think it’s possible for two people to break up in bad circumstances and then reunite when they’re older and have ‘matured’? Have any of you ever done that? How did it work out?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Me and my now husband got back after a year and a half long break up. We thought the break up was the total end but we got back in contact and realised we had both matured and still loved each other and now we've been together for 7 years straight and got married this year. I think getting back with an ex can work, but it is rare. If your relationship ended due to serious things such as abuse or cheating then no, I wouldn't ever recommend giving the relationship another shot but if the relationship ended because of a silly reason, because you were too busy back then for a relationship or because you were too young and naive in the past, then yeah - it could work in the future if you have both matured and want to give it a shot.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course it can work, time and circumstances change people

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it can work out. Often when people have a nasty break up (except when it's dangerous) the emotions are high, you're angry and just say hurtful words which are really empty. Over time all that dies down and you look at the situation with a new perspective and can really appreciate each other again and have a successful relationship.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.