Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British Red Cross Volunteering question Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I want to volunteer for the British Red Cross. I am 18 and currently a college student in year 13. I know that you can choose from things to do:

-Refugee support
    -Independent living
    -Emergency response
    -Event first aid
    -Mobility aids
    -International family tracing

1.I'm just wondering if I would be limited from doing any of the above considering i'm in college and don't really have much experience.
    2. Can I still volunteer even though i'm in college? I really don't mind if it will be too time consuming as long as I can choose available times to do certain things.

Of course I still have quite a few questions, but I will call them and search the internet instead. Some of you may have been in this position before, so I thought it'd be a good idea to get some advice here.

ReputationRep:
    From experience places such as the Red Cross are crying out for volunteers. As long as you show commitment and a real interest then surely you can only be a positive asset to them. I’ve done lots of voluntary work and always felt valued even though I couldn’t put as many hours in as I would ideally like to. Go for it !!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.