Turn on thread page Beta

British Red Cross Volunteering question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I want to volunteer for the British Red Cross. I am 18 and currently a college student in year 13. I know that you can choose from things to do:

-Refugee support
    -Independent living
    -Emergency response
    -Event first aid
    -Mobility aids
    -International family tracing

1.I'm just wondering if I would be limited from doing any of the above considering i'm in college and don't really have much experience.
    2. Can I still volunteer even though i'm in college? I really don't mind if it will be too time consuming as long as I can choose available times to do certain things.

Of course I still have quite a few questions, but I will call them and search the internet instead. Some of you may have been in this position before, so I thought it'd be a good idea to get some advice here.

ReputationRep:
    From experience places such as the Red Cross are crying out for volunteers. As long as you show commitment and a real interest then surely you can only be a positive asset to them. I’ve done lots of voluntary work and always felt valued even though I couldn’t put as many hours in as I would ideally like to. Go for it !!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.