Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm currently applying to go to university through UCAS to study advertising and we can choose up to 5 uni's (as you probably already know). The problem is that there are only 3 universities that I am interested in going to and i don't feel like that's enough. I've got down Bournemouth, Falmouth and Lincoln. I have been to an open day at UCA Farnham but I don't like the university so I don't want to put it down as one of my choices but should I add it to make it 4 university choices/5? Or are there any other universities you'd recommend for advertising? Or should I leave it as 3 and hope for the best? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    There are many people who choose 2 or 3 Universities, mainly as you have said because they don’t like the feel of other Uni’s or the course isn’t right for them. 3 choices are fine. If you receive offers you will still end up with a firm and insurance and declining the other...if you have the predicted grades for the course. As long as your choices are within your range and not risky then 3 choices are fine. UCAS allows 5 choices but if you are perfectly happy with the 3 you have then no need to add others you really wouldn’t go to anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe_w21)
    Hi! I'm currently applying to go to university through UCAS to study advertising and we can choose up to 5 uni's (as you probably already know). The problem is that there are only 3 universities that I am interested in going to and i don't feel like that's enough. I've got down Bournemouth, Falmouth and Lincoln. I have been to an open day at UCA Farnham but I don't like the university so I don't want to put it down as one of my choices but should I add it to make it 4 university choices/5? Or are there any other universities you'd recommend for advertising? Or should I leave it as 3 and hope for the best? Thanks!
    If you can only find 3 courses which you are willing to study, then apply just to those. If you change your mind you can always add 1-2 others later - ideally by January 15th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.