Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who would UK mainlanders on here vote for if they were living in Northern Ireland?? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if you were living in Northern Ireland
    DUP
    20.51%
    UUP
    25.64%
    Alliance
    10.26%
    SDLP
    10.26%
    Sinn Fein
    20.51%
    I'm from Northern Ireland and I just want to see the results
    12.82%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CastCuraga)
    I was speaking more with regards to the other person's context of "what if they had a point".

If there was evidence that rejoining Ireland would be better for NI, would you be more concerned with the UK's loss on NI than its own benefits for leaving?
    Since i'm a Scottish born Englishman i would of course be more concerned with the impact on the UK but that's not to say that i'd knowingly harm NI to protect the wider UK.

ReputationRep:
    It's not particularly helpful for those who don't live or come from NI to take a strong position on unionism/repulicanism.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatter_2)
    It's not particularly helpful for those who don't live or come from NI to take a strong position on unionism/repulicanism.
    It is if you want to retain the countries of the UK, or prefer them to be independent (or associated with a different country).

e.g. the Conservative Party is actually called the Conservative and Unionist Party

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatter_2)
    It's a bit unrealistic to expect people from Great Britain not to care, or even have a view, about another part of their own country.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Probably the Alliance Party... not that I'd ever live in NI. :dong: Northern Irish politics is just so incredibly depressing. Both sides are insufferable.

Why can't Northern Ireland (or the Republic too for that matter) be more like Finland?

ReputationRep:
    DUP got NI an extra 500 mill for their budget so I'd end up going with those guys again

ReputationRep:
    DUP-probably the nearest to the average Englander. Sinn Fein is the political whig of the IRA. I don't know or care much about Ireland, i find them as irrelevant as the Scottish.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.