Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Is it possible to do a degree in something like Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Science then after 1 year change to Pharmacy? Does anyone know of any universities that allow this? I want to do Pharmacy but my grades aren't good enough!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about that but you can try doing a foundation year? I know Manchester, UCLAN and Huddersfield all do them. Good luck.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bxso)
    Hi everyone! Is it possible to do a degree in something like Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Science then after 1 year change to Pharmacy? Does anyone know of any universities that allow this? I want to do Pharmacy but my grades aren't good enough!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi bxso
    Great to hear you’re interested in studying Pharmacy. We can confirm we offer a Science Extended Degree (leading to a BSc Hons Degree), which is one year of study to get a grounding in scientific knowledge for a number of degree routes. You can progress to the first year of a Pharmacy degree from here. It does have stringent performance levels for Pharmacy, but there’s lots of support available from staff and academic skills tutors to help you get there. If you want to read more about the course and the pass requirements you can find the full description here.

What stage of your studies are you up to now? Are you applying to courses through UCAS or are you already on a degree course?

Rachel
    UoH

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for the info! I'm doing my a-levels and am currently applying through UCAS.

(Original post by University of Huddersfield)
    Hi bxso
    Great to hear you’re interested in studying Pharmacy. We can confirm we offer a Science Extended Degree (leading to a BSc Hons Degree), which is one year of study to get a grounding in scientific knowledge for a number of degree routes. You can progress to the first year of a Pharmacy degree from here. It does have stringent performance levels for Pharmacy, but there’s lots of support available from staff and academic skills tutors to help you get there. If you want to read more about the course and the pass requirements you can find the full description here.

What stage of your studies are you up to now? Are you applying to courses through UCAS or are you already on a degree course?

Rachel
    UoH
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bxso)
    Hi, thanks for the info! I'm doing my a-levels and am currently applying through UCAS.
    Hi @bxso

That is exciting! The Student Room have a page dedicated to writing personal statements if you haven't already done one for your UCAS.
    Maybe you could visit some open days to see the facilities at a few universities that do the course you are interested in have you chosen any / been to many open days yet? We have two coming up (Wed 8 Nov or Fri 1 Dec) if you wanted to visit.
    I found they really helped when I was deciding where to study

Rachel
    UoH

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.