Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

4 week waiting list for driving LESSON? (Bath) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you read that right, the driving LESSON, not the test. I am in Bath and I want to learn to drive but the waiting list is ridiculously long.

I have tried LDC and Red and they both quote 4 week waiting times. AA doesn't even operate here.
    Are four week waiting times normal? Does anyone know of a school/instructor who is available at shorter notice than this?

ReputationRep:
    Can you search for independent instructors? I learnt with ClickDrive but I don't know if they operate that far out. I waited about 2 weeks for a lesson, but only because the instructor I chose was going on holiday when I rang him.

ReputationRep:
    I had wait 4 weeks for my old driving instructor to start my lessons. So yeah it’s normal. Always ahead
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    4 weeks is that it? I contacted driving instructors back in September who said they had a 10 week waiting list and others said not until the start of December. Luckily I then found a driving instructor who didn't have a waiting list and I started 2 weeks later.

ReputationRep:
    I live and drive around Bath, and only very rarely see learner cars associated with the handful of big driving schools. Having said that I do see lots of independent driving instructors on the roads around here, so I think for Bath your best bet is looking into independent driving instructors if you want to start sooner.

ReputationRep:
    Look for some smaller local driving schools or independent instructors. They'll likely have more availability and potentially better rates/offers too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binsanite Kekuit)
    Yes, you read that right, the driving LESSON, not the test. I am in Bath and I want to learn to drive but the waiting list is ridiculously long.

I have tried LDC and Red and they both quote 4 week waiting times. AA doesn't even operate here.
    Are four week waiting times normal? Does anyone know of a school/instructor who is available at shorter notice than this?
    LDC and RED are both nationwide schools, which makes them rather popular (and booked to the rafters). Also, I don't even think LDC employ that many instructors per area (and they're ludicrously expensive compared to other schools, anyway).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Learning to drive.

ReputationRep:
    Could it be because the test is about to change too? So most people who are test-ready (or near enough) will be trying to cram as many lessons in as possible with their instructors to make sure they pass before the new test kicks in.. I have a friend who was ringing round for a driving instructor and both nationwide and independent driving schools were booked up until December (which is when the test changes).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.