Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Just wanted to know if it was possible to get onto a medicine course with a grade 5 (which is a high C) in English language because apparently you need at least a 6 (B)

ReputationRep:
    For most Uni's you do. I'd consider resitting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amaraub)
    For most Uni's you do. I'd consider resitting.
    I''ve done a resit but I don't feel like it went too well. It's surprising because normally I'd always get A or above in class. I don't even know if universities accept resits for GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicbeans1212)
    I''ve done a resit but I don't feel like it went too well. It's surprising because normally I'd always get A or above in class. I don't even know if universities accept resits for GCSE.
    -Everyone thinks that after an exam, don't be put down by it I'm sure you did great
    - Look into it

ReputationRep:
    -Everyone thinks that after an exam, don't be put down by it I'm sure you did great
    - Look into it
    The thing is I know I can't do medicine if I don't do well in the resit and I don't want to do anything else. Are you interested in medicine?

ReputationRep:
    The thing is I know I can't do medicine if I don't do well in the resit and I don't want to do anything else. Are you interested in medicine?
    yeah i want to do it as well

ReputationRep:
    yeah i want to do it as well
    how did you do in GCSES. What uni you interested in

ReputationRep:
    how did you do in GCSES. What uni you interested in
    8 a* 2a's. don't really care where i go because getting the offer + grades is hard enough but the dream for me is ucl

ReputationRep:
    8 a* 2a's. don't really care where i go because getting the offer + grades is hard enough but the dream for me is ucl
    Damn, you are smart. And same I'm not overly fussed where I go but I know that my gcse means I should apply to places where I'm likely to get offers. For you, you can apply pretty much anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, you are smart. And same I'm not overly fussed where I go but I know that my gcse means I should apply to places where I'm likely to get offers. For you, you can apply pretty much anywhere.
    well 8 a* is apparently average for ucl and stuff and below average for oxbridge :| they dont even mean much anyway, gcse was just memory really

ReputationRep:
    well 8 a* is apparently average for ucl and stuff and below average for oxbridge :| they dont even mean much anyway, gcse was just memory really
    Guess that's easy for you say but I wish I actually tried now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    At Leicester your GCSE / A-Levels are only used to score for interviews, once you are invited for interviews it is the ranking method (unless there is a tie, then the UCAS form gets evaluated).

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the uni. I dont think it should be much of a problem if the rest of ur grades are fine.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.