Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Just wanted to know if it was possible to get onto a medicine course with a grade 5 (which is a high C) in English language because apparently you need at least a 6 (B)

ReputationRep:
    For most Uni's you do. I'd consider resitting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amaraub)
    For most Uni's you do. I'd consider resitting.
    I''ve done a resit but I don't feel like it went too well. It's surprising because normally I'd always get A or above in class. I don't even know if universities accept resits for GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicbeans1212)
    I''ve done a resit but I don't feel like it went too well. It's surprising because normally I'd always get A or above in class. I don't even know if universities accept resits for GCSE.
    -Everyone thinks that after an exam, don't be put down by it I'm sure you did great
    - Look into it

ReputationRep:
    -Everyone thinks that after an exam, don't be put down by it I'm sure you did great
    - Look into it
    The thing is I know I can't do medicine if I don't do well in the resit and I don't want to do anything else. Are you interested in medicine?

ReputationRep:
    The thing is I know I can't do medicine if I don't do well in the resit and I don't want to do anything else. Are you interested in medicine?
    yeah i want to do it as well

ReputationRep:
    yeah i want to do it as well
    how did you do in GCSES. What uni you interested in

ReputationRep:
    how did you do in GCSES. What uni you interested in
    8 a* 2a's. don't really care where i go because getting the offer + grades is hard enough but the dream for me is ucl

ReputationRep:
    8 a* 2a's. don't really care where i go because getting the offer + grades is hard enough but the dream for me is ucl
    Damn, you are smart. And same I'm not overly fussed where I go but I know that my gcse means I should apply to places where I'm likely to get offers. For you, you can apply pretty much anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, you are smart. And same I'm not overly fussed where I go but I know that my gcse means I should apply to places where I'm likely to get offers. For you, you can apply pretty much anywhere.
    well 8 a* is apparently average for ucl and stuff and below average for oxbridge :| they dont even mean much anyway, gcse was just memory really

ReputationRep:
    well 8 a* is apparently average for ucl and stuff and below average for oxbridge :| they dont even mean much anyway, gcse was just memory really
    Guess that's easy for you say but I wish I actually tried now

ReputationRep:
    At Leicester your GCSE / A-Levels are only used to score for interviews, once you are invited for interviews it is the ranking method (unless there is a tie, then the UCAS form gets evaluated).

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the uni. I dont think it should be much of a problem if the rest of ur grades are fine.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.