Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an american applicant applying for computer science using AP's. I just reread the application requirements https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...cations?wssl=1 and realized that I don't meet the SAT writing requirement. I took the old SAT once and have 800 M, 770 CR, and 620 W. I chose not to retake it because when I took it two years ago, none of the universities I was looking at cared about writing. However, I meet the other requirements multiple ways - "Grade 5 in three or more Advanced Placement Tests in appropriate subjects or SAT Subject Tests in three appropriate subjects at 700 or better." - I have 5555554443 in AP's and 750+ in 4 SAT subject tests, and am currently spending a year at a university in the US. Should I email the college asking about the SAT requirement? They don't require writing on the new SAT, just the old SAT. I can take the new SAT to meet an offer, if needed.

Ugh. I'm kinda freaking out right now. Thankfully, imperial won't care. I figure if I did well enough on the MAT, oxford won't care either.

ReputationRep:
    If you get an offer, it would include the new SAT offer.

ReputationRep:
    Or take the ACT for the 32. What subjects are your AP 5s in? You will likely need them to be comp sci, a calc and a science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skitheeast)
    Or take the ACT for the 32. What subjects are your AP 5s in? You will likely need them to be comp sci, a calc and a science.
    I've got 5's in BC calc, Physics C mechanics, and a few humanities(though I have a 3 in physics 1 and a 4 in physics C E&M), and 800 in math 2 and a 770 in physics for the relevant subject tests. I didn't take compsci in high school, but I've been at a university in the US for a year and have an A/A- average in all my computer science courses here(I'm fine with starting over again there - the program here isn't theory-heavy at all, and I really want to switch to a more theoretical program). I know my scores are a little weak, but I think I did decently on the MAT, so I hope I get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annzabelle)
    I've got 5's in BC calc, Physics C mechanics, and a few humanities(though I have a 3 in physics 1 and a 4 in physics C E&M), and 800 in math 2 and a 770 in physics for the relevant subject tests. I didn't take compsci in high school, but I've been at a university in the US for a year and have an A/A- average in all my computer science courses here(I'm fine with starting over again there - the program here isn't theory-heavy at all, and I really want to switch to a more theoretical program). I know my scores are a little weak, but I think I did decently on the MAT, so I hope I get an interview.
    Why not just study in the States? :P Even a CS degree from U Wisconsin Madison will get you a $70,000+ job lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.