The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

BioVeterinary science University of Lincoln

Has anyone received any offers from the University of Lincoln? And is the university any good? 😬
Original post by Rebeccasomething
Has anyone received any offers from the University of Lincoln? And is the university any good? 😬

Hi Rebecca,

Im currently in my first year at Lincoln and personally think the university is amazing! Im studying BioVeterinary Science with a Science foundation year which so far I have enjoyed.

The city is a beautiful place, the town centre is about 5/10 minute walk from the main campus of the university and is relatively big with all the main high street shops. The nightlife is really good too, with the nightclubs being a 10 minute walk from the Lincoln Courts accommodation (which is where i am living). There is also the Engine Shed on the university grounds opposite the library which puts on themed nights through the year, Quack being the most popular on a Wednesday nights.

If you would like to know any specific things about the university feel free to message me!

Lauren x
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Hi! I got an offer from Lincoln bioveterinry the other day. I actually got a call today to book on the offer holder days on the 2nd. Are you thinking of going there?

Original post by Laurenjade98
Hi Rebecca,

Im currently in my first year at Lincoln and personally think the university is amazing! Im studying BioVeterinary Science with a Science foundation year which so far I have enjoyed.

Lauren x

Hi, im glad you're enjoying your course!
I've heard a lot of great things about the uni, and I've watched a couple campus tours on YouTube. I've gathered that most of the subjects are on one main campus in different buildings. Do you know if biovet is in the building with all the other sciences/where it would be mainly based? I know I'll probably find this out when I visit but still
Also I'm curious about what you do in the science foundation year that's different to the other three years of biovet?
(Lots of questions sorry 😊)
Original post by HPanimadPJO
Hi! I got an offer from Lincoln bioveterinry the other day. I actually got a call today to book on the offer holder days on the 2nd. Are you thinking of going there?

I've heard a lot of great things about the uni, and I've watched a couple campus tours on YouTube. I've gathered that most of the subjects are on one main campus in different buildings. Do you know if biovet is in the building with all the other sciences/where it would be mainly based? I know I'll probably find this out when I visit but still
Also I'm curious about what you do in the science foundation year that's different to the other three years of biovet?

Hi,

As you said where you study the subject depends on what course you are taking. I believe biovet is based in the science building, the Joseph Banks Laboratories for your lab work and the Minister house.

For the Science Foundation year, it is basically for people who don't have much experience in science/math subjects or don't meet the entry requirements. It is an introduction to degree level study and ensures a smooth transition into our first year of degree level that we have chosen. I personally think its helpfully as I didn't quite meet the requirements and its given me the opportunity to work on my weaknesses within science as well as learn new things in maths. It's helpful in providing how to successfully write essays etc, and even though I've done the basis of the subjects I enjoy it as it has allowed me to make new friends I wouldn't have necessarily made if I went straight into biovet.

Anymore questions you have don't hesitate to ask!

Lauren x

I've got an unconditional offer for BioVet if I make it my first choice! I've booked my offer day on the 2nd, what about you?
I've got an unconditional offer for BioVet if I make it my first choice! I've booked my offer day on the 2nd, what about you?

Exactly the same! and it'll be my first choice if i don't get vetmed anywhere else. See you Saturday :tongue:

oh, and have you received any information about saturday, other than the confirmation email? i know they said they'd send more info nearer the time, but i would like to know where i'm going when i get there haha
Exactly the same! and it'll be my first choice if i don't get vetmed anywhere else. See you Saturday :tongue:

oh, and have you received any information about saturday, other than the confirmation email? i know they said they'd send more info nearer the time, but i would like to know where i'm going when i get there haha

I've been been to the RVC summer school so hopefully I'll get a conditional there :smile:

I assumed they'd send the information today so I can plan the journey, maybe we'll get it today or tomorrow?
Reply 7
Hi all!

I'm a 3rd year undergrad Biovet at Lincoln. I would 10/10 recommend this university and course. There is so much support and lecturers are really accessible. They take student feedback quite seriously and I feel that many improvements have been made to the course over the 3 years that I've been here. All your lectures will be on the main campus in various buildings, and your practicals will be held in the science building. You won't spend much time in Joeseph Banks labs until 3rd year, if you're doing a dissertation based there.
Hopefully they've given you your information about the applicant day by now. You' probably need to register in the Minerva Building when you first get there, which is a massive building on the side of campus next to the Brayford quay. You'll see when you get here that the train tracks run straight through the middle of campus, but there's a few points where you can cross, and they actually help you orient yourself when you haven't been here before. I hope you have a good time and definitely make use of the staff and students who'll be there on the day!
Good luck in your applications!

Laura x
I've been been to the RVC summer school so hopefully I'll get a conditional there :smile:

I assumed they'd send the information today so I can plan the journey, maybe we'll get it today or tomorrow?

(A bit late I know) but how did you like the open day at the weekend? I definitely didn't expect to be cutting up fish but here we are.
I loved the campus especially how close together everything is. There's a Primark and an Odeon within 5 minutes what more could I ask for haha

Also what's RVC like? I haven't been yet.
What exactly does the foundation year cover? Is it all theory or is there any lab-based, practical lessons? How many hours a week are the lectures and are they at the main university campus? Thankyou
Original post by Delilah555
What exactly does the foundation year cover? Is it all theory or is there any lab-based, practical lessons? How many hours a week are the lectures and are they at the main university campus? Thankyou

Hi, the course content depends on what course you’re progressing onto. I changed to ecology and conservation so I did chemistry, biology and maths. The content is at A level base and some beyond. There was a lot of lab based stuff as well as theory based as some of the assessment are lab based. Along these modules which you do throughout the year you do study skills and life science (if you progress into a life science degree). If I remember correctly lectures for the week including labs were about 14hours in total and they’re all based at the main campus. Lauren

Quick Reply

Latest