Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did he fade away forever or three days is not enough to judge? Watch

ReputationRep:
    To start with, I met my long-distance boyfriend in a language learning app. It's been already 3 months since we have met online. It is a first time I am using such forum to ask for opinions because i feel extremely desperate and have no idea what is going on. Everything was going quite smoothly between two of us. After the first month of our communication, my long-distance guy asked to come to my country ( it takes around 7 hours and one change to get to my country from his place). Since i wasn't absolutely confident in him at that moment, i asked him to postpone the arrival a bit. He was talking about future plans, vacations. Aso, he wanted to meet my family if we like each other in a real life. We have been skyping almost everyday. Around two weeks ago, I told him that i would like him to come and he was very happy, but said he would be able to make it by the end of November. Everything was fine. He was telling me that he loves me and he wants to be near me. However, it's been already three days since i haven't heard anything from him. Everything was fine during our last Skype conversation. He was going to have a dinner aftertwards. Personally, i could see and he told me he felt quite frustrated couple of days before. He deleted his profile from the app where we met. He said he didn't want to talk to anyone except me. By the way , he is 29 and im 22. Please, i would really appreciate any opinion on this situation. I have tried to call him and text him multiple times on Skype but he is offline. I don't know what to think, because it has never happened before.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Give him some time. He might have some other stuff which is why he isn't on skype.

ReputationRep:
    I would wait for another week or so. Maybe he has some issues in real which need to be to dealth with first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    Give him some time. He might have some other stuff which is why he isn't on skype.
    I'm just worried because it has never happened before. There wasn't even a single day he didn't text me. Do you think could it be just that he is taking a break from me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmythebee)
    I would wait for another week or so. Maybe he has some issues in real which need to be to dealth with first.
    thank you for your response. It could be but at least he could say that he is alive. It is not a typical behaviour for him that's why im worried.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maya252)
    I'm just worried because it has never happened before. There wasn't even a single day he didn't text me. Do you think could it be just that he is taking a break from me?
    Did you guys just talk on skype by any chance? Was there any phone contact as well?

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys just talk on skype by any chance? Was there any phone contact as well?
    We just used skype. I didn't even ask for his phone number because i didn't expect such scenario to occur.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maya252)
    We just used skype. I didn't even ask for his phone number because i didn't expect such scenario to occur.
    Probably he has internet issues or something. Like I first said, give him time. He might have some other issues too.

ReputationRep:
    Probably he has internet issues or something. Like I first said, give him time. He might have some other issues too.
    Thank you for your replies. I really appreciate that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.