Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can i work 12 hours a week and get AAA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appazap)
    If i work 6 hours each on saturday and sunday and continue to work hard, will i get AAA or is it impossible?
    As stated Quality/ Quantity - can you maintain quality study having just completed a 6 hour work shift? Or are you tired on Monday having worked and not rested all weekend.

You don't mention what work you do for six hours, is it related in anyway to your career choice / A level Options or is it just bar work/flipping burgers/serving/skill-less employment that won't add any real value to you in the long term, it's just cash in your pocket for now?

clearly you are not studying in that time or resting that's for sure

For 3 A levels it's a minimum of in/out study of 36 hrs so that's your week taken care of Plus You need some time for yourself.

I guess the quick answer is Yes, you could Manage it but if I'm honest if you were my son/daughter I would deter you from working those two days. The only thing that would convince me otherwise would be if the work was related. If it's not related then it's just about money and for now, the A levels are more important imo than a few quid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LsDad)
    As stated Quality/ Quantity - can you maintain quality study having just completed a 6 hour work shift? Or are you tired on Monday having worked and not rested all weekend.

You don't mention what work you do for six hours, is it related in anyway to your career choice / A level Options or is it just bar work/flipping burgers/serving/skill-less employment that won't add any real value to you in the long term, it's just cash in your pocket for now?

clearly you are not studying in that time or resting that's for sure

For 3 A levels it's a minimum of in/out study of 36 hrs so that's your week taken care of Plus You need some time for yourself.

I guess the quick answer is Yes, you could Manage it but if I'm honest if you were my son/daughter I would deter you from working those two days. The only thing that would convince me otherwise would be if the work was related. If it's not related then it's just about money and for now, the A levels are more important imo than a few quid.
    I guess so, the thing is my mum is struggling with money at the moment so by me working, I am able to take a bit of stress of her. I work in retail so it isnt relevant. I was thinking, revise during the week and do homework on saturday and sunday. To be honest a lot of homework is classified as revision as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appazap)
    I guess so, the thing is my mum is struggling with money at the moment so by me working, I am able to take a bit of stress of her. I work in retail so it isnt relevant. I was thinking, revise during the week and do homework on saturday and sunday. To be honest a lot of homework is classified as revision as well
    You are an absolute credit to your family, you can't buy work ethic and you can't buy a moral compass either, so well done you

In your circumstances, I'm sure you can achieve what you need whilst doing the two 6 hour shifts but take it easy, work smart. If you can find something that pays more per hour, so you could cut the time down even better

Very good luck to you and as I say, with your positive attitude you will go a long way!

ReputationRep:
    I work 14 hours over Friday, saturday Sunday and am aiming for AAA or AAB. It’s hard but I just need to work effectively during the week
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fighter365)
    I work 14 hours over Friday, saturday Sunday and am aiming for AAA or AAB. It’s hard but I just need to work effectively during the week
    Good time management skills essential, credit to you also on your work ethic

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LsDad)
    Good time management skills essential, credit to you also on your work ethic

Best of luck
    Yep. It’s 12.38am and I’m currently teaching myself equation of circle stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LsDad)
    You are an absolute credit to your family, you can't buy work ethic and you can't buy a moral compass either, so well done you

In your circumstances, I'm sure you can achieve what you need whilst doing the two 6 hour shifts but take it easy, work smart. If you can find something that pays more per hour, so you could cut the time down even better

Very good luck to you and as I say, with your positive attitude you will go a long way!

Thank you very much, I have just seen this and i really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is interesting because it relates to me. I'm retaking A level chemistry as I got a B in it last year and I'm hoping to push it up to an A as one of my uni choices require it. However, I'm working 37.5 hours a week as a HCA which I'm finding really tiring. I've been working for 2 months and I have already tried balencing work and studying; mainly for Ukcat and bmat. My Ukcat was above average (650) and bmat went well so I can do it somewhat well.

Obviously I am going to cut down the hours substantively when exam season is here, but would it be possible to work and revise for only one subject and get an A?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.