Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anxiety Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I feel anxious about things and I feel awkward about talking to my parents about it. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. This is a topic that really does hit close for me, i know what it feels like to have anxitey and not feel comfterable enough to talk to anyone about it, especailly my parents since we just dont have that type of relationship. Usually when im starting to get bad anxitey i tell a close trusted friend of fine if we could "just about about anything for a while" In my case my close friend will usually pick up on whats happening and know what to do but thats not always the case for everyone, so if there isnt anyone in particular you like to talk to then there are many online chats and forums where you can just talk to strangers about how you're feeling. Eg childline, i usually go there when im having bad anxitey and talk to one of the support staff there What ever you do where ever you go just know you're not alone and that there are people who you can talk to out there for you because i think anxitey is just so much worse when you ahve to go through it alone so please please talk to others.. my messages are always open if you need someone to talk to x
    (Original post by EllaC2)
    I feel anxious about things and I feel awkward about talking to my parents about it. Any tips?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.