Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i'm trying to get into a UK uni after finishing one year of my course in an American state uni, and I've been looking at some unis for anthropology but not sure which to apply to given that theres only 5 spots. Bristol seems like a good uni (anthropology and archaeology degree) but they don't seem to be doing much research, I don't know much about sussex, southampton or aberdeen. Are those good unis? Which ones would you really recommend?

ReputationRep:
    Not familiar with anthropology, but the LSE (London School of Economics) is known worldwide for its quality social science degrees, and I know it offers anthropology. If I were you, I'd definitely consider it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hh1994)
    Not familiar with anthropology, but the LSE (London School of Economics) is known worldwide for its quality social science degrees, and I know it offers anthropology. If I were you, I'd definitely consider it.
    Thats an extremely good uni but:

1. Too competitive
    2. Too expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam105001)
    Hi guys, i'm trying to get into a UK uni after finishing one year of my course in an American state uni, and I've been looking at some unis for anthropology but not sure which to apply to given that theres only 5 spots. Bristol seems like a good uni (anthropology and archaeology degree) but they don't seem to be doing much research, I don't know much about sussex, southampton or aberdeen. Are those good unis? Which ones would you really recommend?
    Have you looked at university of kent? It's a good uni and the anthropology course looks good. Depends whether you are interested in biological or social anthropology or want a mix. Sussex, Southampton and Aberdeen all focus on social anthropology and don't really offer the biological side.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.