Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry for the random name could not think of another one. So long story short I made software for fun few months ago. My friend encouraged me to sell it which I did and made over 35k ish I am getting an accountant to know how much taxes I need to pay and stuff bit I should have around 25k plus. I am interested in moving out as I am still with my parents at age of 18 (nearly 19).
    What would be the best course of action atm with the maths I done it would cost me 7 to 10k for first 6 months ish ofc a lot less after. I am still at college finishing soon and have a secure apprenticeship at 17k a year. I don't want to carry on selling the software as it can become a hassle so I halted the sales after only 1 week when I noticed how much people are actually interested in it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.