Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was filling out the personal statement part of a sixth form application and one one of the questions was, 'Why have you chosen your proposed programme of study?' What does that mean and how should I answer it?

ReputationRep:
    it probably just means 'why have you chosen the subjects that you chosen'
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aor_blue)
    I was filling out the personal statement part of a sixth form application and one one of the questions was, 'Why have you chosen your proposed programme of study?' What does that mean and how should I answer it?

Essentially, the reasons you have decided to apply for whatever course/s you will take. Write about why you believe you would enjoy the programme of study. Also, include the skills and knowledge you would like to gain from it and why this would be useful for you in the future. If you have an idea of what career you would like to pursue, throw that in and state how you think the course would prepare you for it. You could even make one up if you are uncertain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aor_blue)
    Pretty sure this was on my applications and it means that, Why are you studying that subject course, for example I want to study <> as I want a career in that field of work or I want to study <> because it’ll help me get into university and I find it’s a subject that interests me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.