Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does he still like his ex? Watch

Announcements

(Original post by banoffeee)
    I'm glad! Try to focus on you more, and let us now how it goes.
    Thank you ever so much, so insightful! It will be a while but I hope it is ok...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for your situation. Definitely bring it up to him next time as you should be his priority and he should make you feel his number one. I agree with the possibility that he might still be in love with his ex. Make yourself a priority and don't 'wait' for him.

ReputationRep:
    is the sex good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys,

I really do not know if I am being overly paranoid, or just need someone to tell me that I am being stupid.

So I am dating a guy who is slightly older than myself, and was engaged to his ex. He dated her for three years, however separated from her five years ago, which I am aware is a long time. I have been with him for 18 months, but rarely see him as I live in Exeter for uni, and he works 90 hours a week.

So the reason why I am unsure is because I keep thinking back to past things he has told me, and things I have discovered. I am in a **** place at the moment, so my head is overthinking everything like mad, but have no one to speak to.

So in the initial stage of dating, he said that she had a personality that everyone loved and everyone wanted to be with her. They kept breaking up and getting back together, as she kept getting with another guy with whom she is know engaged to. He said to me once that she probably still wants me and is stuck with that loser, and did not know what to make of this.

On social media, namely twitter, she re tweeted about Justin Beiber and Selena getting back together, but the caption was 'two people separating and getting back together when they have matured is something I can relate to' But something along those lines. This was later removed so perhaps her fiancé said something, but found this rather odd.

In addition to this, I found that he had kept all the old love notes she had wrote to him, and when we were in bed one night she had messaged him from her step fathers Facebook asking how he is etc etc, he opened it in front of me so was not trying to hide it or anything. He did not reply, but surely there must have been previous contact before as you do not message out of the blue 3/4 years later, without some reciprocation prior.

And lastly, he is still in contact with all her family, mainly her step father again. He sees him on a regular basis when he is back from Miami. He said as well when we were initially dating that her brothers were like his own etc. I grew up in care, so have not really had a family or anything, but feel anxious to introduce him to them as I feel my family would never be good enough for him.

I really do not know what to make of all this, and just need some clarification on how I deal with this situation myself, or if I actually need to say anything in fact. But I just feel he probably still wants her deep down, but need some outside insight if based on what I said is true.
    Blah blah blah...

Ask him
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by elisabeth1)
    Sorry for your situation. Definitely bring it up to him next time as you should be his priority and he should make you feel his number one. I agree with the possibility that he might still be in love with his ex. Make yourself a priority and don't 'wait' for him.
    Yes I agree, just v difficult because if it isn't true, seems like to him I I dont trust him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes I agree, just v difficult because if it isn't true, seems like to him I I dont trust him.
    It might be a difficult conversation but if he really cares about you I’m sure he will understand where you’re coming from. Just think about your the reasons why you feel like this and try to explain that to him with examples.

(Original post by elisabeth1)
    It might be a difficult conversation but if he really cares about you I’m sure he will understand where you’re coming from. Just think about your the reasons why you feel like this and try to explain that to him with examples.
    I would hope so, he is always one to suppress his feelings; may be wrong of me to assume why, but think he gave all he had to his ex, and she was a **** ultimately. Does not warrant him not to speak to me about how he feels, but gah I am mutually as bad. But I guess I have a plentiful supply of examples so it sounds that it is not coming from nowhere, and I seem nasty. It should be ok if I choose my words correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh he’s probably either feeling really nostalgic and misses her, even as a friend so is trying to keep that link or... ya boy is cheating. I know that sounds really bad but that’s what I would be thinking and tbh if you already feel like that nobody is gonna change your mind about it. Talk to him and if he brushes you off then he don’t care

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.