FabricatedSwag
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am planning on applying to university after going to College (I am currently in Year 13 at a sixth form), but I am not entirely sure on what I am planning on studying.

I am a big fan of classics and oriental studies (Oxford is like a dream with both of these subjects combined, but of course Oxford isn't easy to get into), but I have never studied either of these subjects, so if someone could give some tips on what I should read or watch in terms of these subjects, what to put in a personal statement that is specifically relevant to those subjects, or if anyone has any advice for applying to those subjects I would really appreciate it,

Thank you
nish2910
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FabricatedSwag)
I am planning on applying to university after going to College (I am currently in Year 13 at a sixth form), but I am not entirely sure on what I am planning on studying.

I am a big fan of classics and oriental studies (Oxford is like a dream with both of these subjects combined, but of course Oxford isn't easy to get into), but I have never studied either of these subjects, so if someone could give some tips on what I should read or watch in terms of these subjects, what to put in a personal statement that is specifically relevant to those subjects, or if anyone has any advice for applying to those subjects I would really appreciate it,

Thank you
Forgive me if I’m wrong, but can you do classics w oriental Studies if you have never studied classics?
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FabricatedSwag)

Thank you
Hi there, I applied for Egyptology at Oxford (didn't get in so am now at Liverpool, but I had an interview so went through the whole process). Feel free to drop me a PM if you need any advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (356)
19.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads