Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm international student who cannot speak cantonese or mandarin
    i heard that it is necessary to speak either of them to apply dentistry in hku... is it true?

    So basically, the course is in english, that's not a problem. HKU is on Hong Kong island where most people (your patients) will speak a good level of english. I dont think it will be a problem but to be honest you're never going to be able to learn cantonese. I personally wouldn't apply, the competition is crazy at HKU even at other courses as its HK's prime university. You're better off applying to UK schools. However, HK is an amazing place to go if you've got the cash.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 5, 2017

University open days

  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.