Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!! This is a thread for all who have secured an offer to study at Edinburgh in 2018. Use it for sharing whatever you want regarding the application process, exams or just anything about student life

ReputationRep:
    I just confirmed my offer to study politics next year. I’m American so I’m really excited to be studying in Scotland..I was wondering if anybody is planning to live in Salisbury? It seems nice!

ReputationRep:
    I just got accepted to study maths in second year at edinburgh. I just want to know how are the living costs around edinburgh and how far away it is from london?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziadff1)
    I just got accepted to study maths in second year at edinburgh. I just want to know how are the living costs around edinburgh and how far away it is from london?
    Edinburgh is pretty dam far from London. As for living costs, it should be cheaper since it's a small city.

Congrats on your offer I got an offer for Computer Science yesterday. Pretty happy about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyLai9879)
    Edinburgh is pretty dam far from London. As for living costs, it should be cheaper since it's a small city.

Congrats on your offer I got an offer for Computer Science yesterday. Pretty happy about it
    It’s far for people who have lived in the UK their whole lives. There’s a train from Edinburgh to London that’s five hours. Coming from the US, that’s not too far for me!
    For Living expenses, it’s obviously not as expensive as London...but more expensive than other cities of a similar size (Glasgow).

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I got an offer couple of weeks ago to study chemical engineering.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmalloy20)
    It’s far for people who have lived in the UK their whole lives. There’s a train from Edinburgh to London that’s five hours. Coming from the US, that’s not too far for me!
    For Living expenses, it’s obviously not as expensive as London...but more expensive than other cities of a similar size (Glasgow).
    I live in a country that's only a few times bigger than Singapore (Brunei), so 5 hours sounds pretty far for me. Guess different people from different regions around the world has their own definition of far

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have an unconditional offer to study Politics and Economic and Social History! I'm from America (South Florida). I haven't firmed Edinburgh yet because I haven't heard back from some of my other schools yet, but I'm almost definitely going to choose Edinburgh! Anyone have any ideas about accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecary25)
    Hi! I have an unconditional offer to study Politics and Economic and Social History! I'm from America (South Florida). I haven't firmed Edinburgh yet because I haven't heard back from some of my other schools yet, but I'm almost definitely going to choose Edinburgh! Anyone have any ideas about accommodation yet?
    Congrats! I’m also from the US (Saint Louis) and have accepted my offer!! For accommodation I’ll be staying at Salisbury Court, I like it bc it has studios (i prefer a larger room)... I know John Burnett and chancellors are nice too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmalloy20)
    Congrats! I’m also from the US (Saint Louis) and have accepted my offer!! For accommodation I’ll be staying at Salisbury Court, I like it bc it has studios (i prefer a larger room)... I know John Burnett and chancellors are nice too
    Those are my favorites! I like Salisbury, but I think my parents are going to want me in catered accommodation, so I'll probably pick either John Burnett or Chancellors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziadff1)
    Edinburgh is a pretty expensive student city I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, everyone! I got an offer for MSc in Artificial Intelligence at the University of Edinburgh, I'm finishing my Bachelor's in Math in an American university. As an overseas student from Russia, I have to pay a lot for tuition but I can't afford it. Edinburgh doesn't seem to provide scholarships for overseas students. Does anyone one if there is a way to get a loan? Has anyone been in similar situation? That's one of the best AI programs in the world, and I don't wanna miss this opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    anyone had an offer for Sociology & Politics?? I'm predicted A*A*B so I'm really hoping I get an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brawlie)
    anyone had an offer for Sociology & Politics?? I'm predicted A*A*B so I'm really hoping I get an offer
    You'll probably get a conditional offer I hope you do get in!!

I also applied to Edinburgh for Law with business and I am predicted
    A* A B --- My myed portal is still saying the application is pending their decision...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanessa_james)
    You'll probably get a conditional offer I hope you do get in!!
    thank you! I really hope so... my myed just says the same too! good luck to you too, I’m sure we’ll both post if we get an offer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.