Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I say the "N-word" when singing/rapping? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelike1)
    what if it's your non-black friends who get upset?
    this has never happened so IDK :lol: can't imagining it bothering them when it's during a song

ReputationRep:
    angelike1

this gonna be you someday....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    yo that flow was ace :yy:

not sure i totally agree with the ending

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    angelike1

this gonna be you someday....

classic :rofl:

would you find this scene offensive emerald770?

ReputationRep:
    yo that flow was ace :yy:

not sure i totally agree with the ending
    I dunno why he's not bigger, I think he's great.

Meh, the message is always up for debate, but it's cool to have a (relatively) dissenting black voice putting it out there that he thinks the word should just be consigned to the past. Don't have to agree!

ReputationRep:
    I dunno why he's not bigger, I think he's great.

Meh, the message is always up for debate, but it's cool to have a (relatively) dissenting black voice putting it out there that he thinks the word should just be consigned to the past. Don't have to agree!
    Oh no I agree with that - just not when he says black people overusing the word gives white people the impression that they're inferior

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I agree with that - just not when he says black people overusing the word gives white people the impression that they're inferior
    Yeah, controversial. I'm white and I've never had that impression, but at the same time I don't doubt those angry whites exist, especially over the pond. I guess generalising at all inevitably brings problems!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh you *could* say N**** whenever you want. I've got like 5 black mates and none of them care when people say it, especially in a song, and why should they care? Stopping people saying it only serves to create more division and racism.

However, the only problem is sometimes you do come across the odd, very hostile black guy who's so mad at you for saying it that he'll literally want to scrap with you right there and then. So 90% of black people don't care, I'd use it in a song, but just for caution I would't use it elsewhere...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManLike007)
    Honestly I'd recommend you to watch this video, it's 3 minutes, short video and an eye opener. The last minute of this video answers your question.

He's hot 😍

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, controversial. I'm white and I've never had that impression, but at the same time I don't doubt those angry whites exist, especially over the pond. I guess generalising at all inevitably brings problems!
    Lmao you're not white

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    Lmao you're not white
    Erm, I am. I couldn't be much whiter, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    Tbh you *could* say the N**** whenever you want. I've got like 5 black mates and none of them care when people say it, especially in a song, and why should they care? Stopping people saying it only serves to create more division and racism.

However, the only problem is sometimes you do come across the odd very hostile black guy who's so mad at you for saying it that he'll literally want to scrap with you right there and then. So 90% of black people don't care, I'd use it in a song, but just for caution I would't use it elsewhere...
    Yeah I think music (esp Hip Hop) really does bring people together so this whole controversy is a bit counter intuitive.

ReputationRep:
    classic :rofl:

would you find this scene offensive emerald770?
    :toofunny:
    But they all got their ass beat. and poor Jackie was just given the impression he could say it because it's all over the radio. Then he gets attacked for using it. major head scratcher right there :hmmmm: Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I am. I couldn't be much whiter, haha.
    Thought this whole time you were Asian

ReputationRep:
    Thought this whole time you were Asian
    No, born and bred Liverpool, Irish ancestry.

ReputationRep:
    No, born and bred Liverpool, Irish ancestry.
    Oh wow. Your about me says your name is Gandharva :ninjagirl: so I assumed you were Hindu Asian

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think musics (esp Hip Hop) really does bring people together so this whole controversy is a bit counter intuitive.
    Today's hip hop makes people wanna fight smh. I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow. Your about me says your name is Gandharva :ninjagirl: so I assumed you were Hindu Asian
    A slight red herring, though there is a reason for that name

ReputationRep:
    A slight red herring, though there is a reason for that name
    You little tricksy. I wanna know why! Enable pm's for 5 seconds to tell me so we don't derail.

ReputationRep:
    You little tricksy. I wanna know why! Enable pm's for 5 seconds to tell me so we don't derail.
    Should be on?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.