Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’m trying to clean up my diet and I’m exercising but I miss running. I have Hypermobility and it’s caused maltracking of my knees so I can’t run.
    Will it just take me longer to do Cardio to achieve a flat stomach/abs.
    If I ate porridge in the morning, protein like turkey and veg for lunch and the same for dinner as well as 2 pieces of fruit for snacks will I notice quick differences?
    I’ve done this once before and I lost some weight but I let myself go :/
    I’ve tried it again and I’ve noticed no differences. I don’t know if it’s different the 2nd time and if I just need to keep going. It’s surely better than the diet I had before.
    Thanks very much.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i don’t think running effects getting abs as it works more on your legs. try exercises like sit ups everyday for a couple of weeks maybe

ReputationRep:
    To get as you need to get low body fat. To get low body fat you must eat a a caloric deficit meaning you eat less calories than your body needs so fat is removed. Have about a 500 calorie deficit you can eat less or burn 500 calories,

ReputationRep:
    slimming (as you're doing now) isn't enough, you need to also be lifting weights (and you'll eventually need more calories as your muscles develop)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EzDeppFan4)
    I’m trying to clean up my diet and I’m exercising but I miss running. I have Hypermobility and it’s caused maltracking of my knees so I can’t run.
    Will it just take me longer to do Cardio to achieve a flat stomach/abs.
    If I ate porridge in the morning, protein like turkey and veg for lunch and the same for dinner as well as 2 pieces of fruit for snacks will I notice quick differences?
    I’ve done this once before and I lost some weight but I let myself go :/
    I’ve tried it again and I’ve noticed no differences. I don’t know if it’s different the 2nd time and if I just need to keep going. It’s surely better than the diet I had before.
    Thanks very much.
    put down those cheetos and youre making more progress to abs than running will ever do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.