Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m trying to clean up my diet and I’m exercising but I miss running. I have Hypermobility and it’s caused maltracking of my knees so I can’t run.
    Will it just take me longer to do Cardio to achieve a flat stomach/abs.
    If I ate porridge in the morning, protein like turkey and veg for lunch and the same for dinner as well as 2 pieces of fruit for snacks will I notice quick differences?
    I’ve done this once before and I lost some weight but I let myself go :/
    I’ve tried it again and I’ve noticed no differences. I don’t know if it’s different the 2nd time and if I just need to keep going. It’s surely better than the diet I had before.
    Thanks very much.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i don’t think running effects getting abs as it works more on your legs. try exercises like sit ups everyday for a couple of weeks maybe

ReputationRep:
    To get as you need to get low body fat. To get low body fat you must eat a a caloric deficit meaning you eat less calories than your body needs so fat is removed. Have about a 500 calorie deficit you can eat less or burn 500 calories,

ReputationRep:
    slimming (as you're doing now) isn't enough, you need to also be lifting weights (and you'll eventually need more calories as your muscles develop)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EzDeppFan4)
    I’m trying to clean up my diet and I’m exercising but I miss running. I have Hypermobility and it’s caused maltracking of my knees so I can’t run.
    Will it just take me longer to do Cardio to achieve a flat stomach/abs.
    If I ate porridge in the morning, protein like turkey and veg for lunch and the same for dinner as well as 2 pieces of fruit for snacks will I notice quick differences?
    I’ve done this once before and I lost some weight but I let myself go :/
    I’ve tried it again and I’ve noticed no differences. I don’t know if it’s different the 2nd time and if I just need to keep going. It’s surely better than the diet I had before.
    Thanks very much.
    put down those cheetos and youre making more progress to abs than running will ever do

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.