Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I plan to study abroad in Australia in 2018. As there terms are differently, I would be expected to start there in July 2018. When I apply for my student loan, will the first payment be made earlier than September and are there any other financial aids available?

Many thanks
    Joshua
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshuaEason)
    Hello,

I plan to study abroad in Australia in 2018. As there terms are differently, I would be expected to start there in July 2018. When I apply for my student loan, will the first payment be made earlier than September and are there any other financial aids available?

Many thanks
    Joshua
    Hi Joshua,

If you’re going to be studying abroad you may be eligible to have your payments brought forward if you are:

- Going abroad more than 25 days before your course start date.

- Studying in country where there are 2 semesters rather than the usual 3 you can be paid in 2 equal installments of 50%. The 1st installment will be paid on your term 1 start date or early if this has been requested. Your final 50% will be paid on your term 2 start date. There will be no 3rd installment.

If you fall under one of the above categories and require your payments to be brought forward (or paid in one or two instalments) your university or college will need to provide confirmation of your study abroad details before we can change your payments.

This can be done in the following ways:

- your university/college can send us a letter confirming your study abroad;

- Your university/college can complete the Study Abroad spreadsheet and send this to us

- or you can complete the Study Abroad Form (contact us on 0300 100 0607 to issue the form) - your university or college will be required to stamp your study abroad form.

There's more information about what funding is available if you are studying abroad here.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi Joshua,

If you’re going to be studying abroad you may be eligible to have your payments brought forward if you are:

- Going abroad more than 25 days before your course start date.

- Studying in country where there are 2 semesters rather than the usual 3 you can be paid in 2 equal installments of 50%. The 1st installment will be paid on your term 1 start date or early if this has been requested. Your final 50% will be paid on your term 2 start date. There will be no 3rd installment.

If you fall under one of the above categories and require your payments to be brought forward (or paid in one or two instalments) your university or college will need to provide confirmation of your study abroad details before we can change your payments.

This can be done in the following ways:

- your university/college can send us a letter confirming your study abroad;

- Your university/college can complete the Study Abroad spreadsheet and send this to us

- or you can complete the Study Abroad Form (contact us on 0300 100 0607 to issue the form) - your university or college will be required to stamp your study abroad form.

There's more information about what funding is available if you are studying abroad here.

Regards,

Stuart

Hello Stuart,

Thank you very much. This is really helpful.

Many thanks
    Joshua

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.