Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GF is mad because I didn't go with her to her friends party because I'd hurt myself. Watch

So the GF and I were planning on going to her best friend's 21st birthday party (already felt awkward as it was a close-knit friendship group and I've met them only once) but during a shift at work the day of the party I managed to sprain an ankle and bruise the heel of my foot.

Ended up limping around for the rest of my shift in pain because of this.

Realising it would only get worse from spending a night standing around (where even sitting was painful for me) talking I thought it best to tell the GF I didn't want to go with her. She didn't like that. Apart from accusing me of simply just not wanting to meet her friends and telling me how I'll embarrass her by not going with her, she belittled me by saying how sick she'd been feeling and that her knee hurt but she was still going.. which is a kick in the balls because I'd have never made her feel guilty for not going out with me if she'd said her knee was hurting so why can't she do the same for me?

This was a lose-lose situation for me. If I'd gone I'd have been grumpy at having to deal with this pain for hours on end while trying to talk to people I don't know and may have spoiled the entire evening and upset the GF (at this point we'd argued so much it was ruined for her regardless).. but if I hadn't gone I'd have upset my girlfriend. I thought the latter would be the safest option.

TL;DR Hurt my ankle and foot at work leading me to not go with GF to her best friend's birthday. She took this as me not wanting to meet her friends and now won't talk to me.

ReputationRep:
    no offence but your GF needs to grow a pair and maybe check if youre okay? see if you need ice? that kind of thing, there will be other gatherings for you guys to go to, in all honesty i dont know why its a big deal. all you can do is thoroughly explain the situation and remember to ice your ankle 👍🏾
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I can understand why she would be upset, but she should have really considered your feelings a bit more expecially considering you've only met the birthday girl once.
    The worst thing you can do is start arguing with her so I would recommend considering going to a GP and getting evidence that you have actually hurt yourself.
    Hopefully when she's confronted with valid evidence for why you couldn't go, she'll understand and apologise for getting angry.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So the GF and I were planning on going to her best friend's 21st birthday party (already felt awkward as it was a close-knit friendship group and I've met them only once) but during a shift at work the day of the party I managed to sprain an ankle and bruise the heel of my foot.

Ended up limping around for the rest of my shift in pain because of this.

Realising it would only get worse from spending a night standing around (where even sitting was painful for me) talking I thought it best to tell the GF I didn't want to go with her. She didn't like that. Apart from accusing me of simply just not wanting to meet her friends and telling me how I'll embarrass her by not going with her, she belittled me by saying how sick she'd been feeling and that her knee hurt but she was still going.. which is a kick in the balls because I'd have never made her feel guilty for not going out with me if she'd said her knee was hurting so why can't she do the same for me?

This was a lose-lose situation for me. If I'd gone I'd have been grumpy at having to deal with this pain for hours on end while trying to talk to people I don't know and may have spoiled the entire evening and upset the GF (at this point we'd argued so much it was ruined for her regardless).. but if I hadn't gone I'd have upset my girlfriend. I thought the latter would be the safest option.

TL;DR Hurt my ankle and foot at work leading me to not go with GF to her best friend's birthday. She took this as me not wanting to meet her friends and now won't talk to me.
    If she's not understanding, then maybe she isn't the right gf. It seems like she's only bothered about herself and herself getting embarrassed and not your well being. A girl who doesn't care about you is not worth it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.