Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I'm really struggling in Chemistry AS and i wanted to ask you .. how to revise for it? Like what is your technique? For example, what should I do each day to revise? Like make notes from textbook, watch youtube videos etc?
    I do AQA exam board if you're asking!
    And also do you have any good websites or youtubers to suggest me?

Thank you for any help, it's appreciated! Have a lovely weekend xx!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an AQA AS Chem too,
    I am obsessed with Chem and would probably do a degree in it, to that end, you need to really want to revise Chemistry to get the best out of it, a Youtuber I'd recommend if you need to know the basics up to complex stuff, is 'E Rintoul', he's really good, also bang out many past papers, I make a lot of notes and do research on the internet, websites like Chemguide are good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khadizakhatun846)
    Hey guys,
    I'm really struggling in Chemistry AS and i wanted to ask you .. how to revise for it? Like what is your technique? For example, what should I do each day to revise? Like make notes from textbook, watch youtube videos etc?

I really recommend sourcing a CGP revision guide! That’s pretty much all I needed for my revision and they explain things quite well.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I just make sure to make neat notes and read from them fairly often. If you don't have a good set of neat notes on every topic in the specification, you might struggle.If I'm struggling with my understanding of the course material, I watch the Youtuber E Rintoul. He doesn't have videos on every topic, but the ones he does have are really helpful, and he also goes through exam questions once he has gone over the material.Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AryanGh)
    Hi, I'm an AQA AS Chem too,
    I am obsessed with Chem and would probably do a degree in it, to that end, you need to really want to revise Chemistry to get the best out of it, a Youtuber I'd recommend if you need to know the basics up to complex stuff, is 'E Rintoul', he's really good, also bang out many past papers, I make a lot of notes and do research on the internet, websites like Chemguide are good.
    Thank you , I think that I'm still finding the jump quite hard to overcome! Especially as I did Double science, but oh well! Anyways thanks for your advice, and I'll try my best to get passionate about chemistry.. as I don't know what happened! I used to be so passionate.. and now .. I hope it's just a phase, and I'll get over it !
    Have a lovely sunday xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khadizakhatun846)
    Hey guys,

I'll be honest, for my AS I just crammed notes the night before the exam. It worked, but goddamn, it was stressful 😂 so far this year (year 13) I've tried to make note summaries every few weeks (like every half term) for each topic, and a couple of past paper questions at the same time. I also listen to podcasts to help me revise, I like the Allery Tutors A Level Chemistry Revision podcast best. The most important thing really is to make sure you keep on top of work through the year, if you miss a lesson or don't understand something, sort it out asap otherwise you'll realise 2 days before your exam that there's a whole topic you've accidentally missed 😬

ReputationRep:
    - Chemrevise (best thing to use)
    - Chemguide
    - Alevelchemistry.co.uk
    - Calculations in AS/A level chemistry by Jim Clark
    - Practical revision guide
    - Your textbook is also really good
    - Wouldn't recommend CGP too much

Print out specification (exam board is really specific on what you need to know) and make concise notes on each point.
    After that, revise then bang out on past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    I really recommend sourcing a CGP revision guide! That’s pretty much all I needed for my revision and they explain things quite well.
    Thank you, I'll try to purchase some xx !

ReputationRep:
    snaprevise and Dr boes note are good
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.