Turn on thread page Beta

The Long Road to Amazing AS Grades (GYG) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonechka)
    Wow, I'd probably collapse if I had it every day :eek: I only have one day without it, but I appreciate that day since I get considerably less homework on it :lol: I personally really dislike vocab tests; I hate learning (relatively advanced) French through English translations and find that if I learn a bunch of words for the sake of learning them, with no context, I'll just forget them almost immediately. I never revise for them for that reason! Everyone learns differently though thanks ^_^
    I try to learn words that relate to what we're doing (so education at the moment.) I also highlight a word whenever I don't know it and write it down, so I learn those as well for the vocab test, which I find useful

ReputationRep:

Weekend Recap

Overall I've had a pretty productive weekend. I've done all I needed to do really, and I have done some extra work. But more importantly, I've taken the time to relax a bit, and re-charge my batteries for the next few weeks, which to me is just as essential as doing lots of extra work

History - I did a source essay plan for a source on opposition, which I think went alright. I find the source plans easier to do, but then I do better on the proper essay questions strangely. I also went over some key words, and I've decided that at the end of each week I'll put the new ones into quizlet.
    Name:  Screenshot (15).png
Views: 7
Size:  346.3 KB

French - I did some grammar on cet,cette etc as I didn't actually know that before we looked at it on Friday. I also did my quizlet because I have those highscores on the games to keep up haha. I also learnt some new words.
    What I do with French is whenever I come across a new word, I write it down in my little vocab book, and then learn it. It's proving really good for expanding my vocab.

Law - I did my notes on Civil Courts and Appeals as we'd looked at that over the week, but I didn't get time to do my notes as it was more important to revise for the Law test. I also went over some flashcards, as we have a mock exam in a few weeks, and I find little and often is the best

I also got in some much needed flute practice this weekend, as I haven't been over my scales in ages! I find so little time to do it now which is a shame
    I also finished my book, which was Looking for Alaska by John Green which I would highly recommend!
    I also spent last night watching the Remembrance Show.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Also sorry for the horrific quality on the photos but it's at night in my room so the lighting isn't amazing

ReputationRep:
    14th November
    Just a short post today as I have really done much. I've had so much homework, which means it's hard to get extra work done.
    In terms of the stuff outside of work, I had the first meeting about my India trip which is really exciting I am looking forward to all the curry!
    I've also started my leadership qualification with Brownies now, so I'll be a fully-qualified adult leader when I've done that.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.