Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who's in the wrong? Watch

Announcements

My sisters boyfriend has pretty much moved into our house.
    I stay at my parters house and I come visit once a week
    I've never met him before because I have quite bad society anxiety, the thought of it panics me, that he could be anywhere in the house, so every time I visit I make an arrangement with my sister for him to go back home whilst I'm there.

My parents spoke with me the other day and said how 'strange' they thought it all was. That he lives there, that it's unfair on him, that he's a paying tenant (£10 a week + bills). That he has to take his stuff with him every time, that he has a job so it might be inconvenient for him. I was just crying because they don't get my anxiety at all. I'm blamed for having these issues.

"Your other sister can talk to him" I said but we're not the same!! They're just so ignorant to me. Ofc this is only their opinion on it, the boyfriend gets it, and hasn't complained. So it's none of their business.

Now then when I visit he'll probably end up being in another room while I'm there, just to keep them happy.

ReputationRep:
    You're in the wrong here. Your sister's boyfriend is clearly joining the family (at least for now) so you can't insist he leaves his own home and stay away from you. Yes, it's hard for you but your anxiety won't improve unless you challenge it and TBH what are you going to do if they're together a long time? insist he can't come to christmas or birthdays and stay away from the wdding? say once they buy a house that he still has to leave if you visit?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.