Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which is better to go to for natural sciences/chemistry/physics and maths

ReputationRep:
    Go for Durham. I'm applying to St Andrews, don't need the competition lol. 😁
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroStudent101)
    Go for Durham. I'm applying to St Andrews, don't need the competition lol. 😁
    haha tbh im now sure if the offers gonna come from st. andrews anyway, I applied to 2nd year without knowing you have to be like a genius

ReputationRep:
    You might get in, in Scotland we can do Advanced Highers which is basically 1st year of uni at school. That helps prep you for 1st year or you can go to 2nd year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroStudent101)
    You might get in, in Scotland we can do Advanced Highers which is basically 1st year of uni at school. That helps prep you for 1st year or you can go to 2nd year
    Do you think ill have to do extra work from just A level maths?
    also what are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    They are quite close but St.Andrews is probably slightly academically better for that course. However the complete isolation and immense cold is quite off-putting IMO. Compared to Durham which has Newcastle close (much better than St.A's Dundee). Durham is already too far up North for me personally so forget St.Andrews.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not familiar with the quality of A levels, but I think they're about the same as Advanced Highers.

I'm applying for Astrophysics (like my name half-suggests)

ReputationRep:
    Student101;74513828]I'm not familiar with the quality of A levels, but I think they're about the same as Advanced Highers.

I'm applying for Astrophysics (like my name half-suggests)[/QUOTE]

ahh, I should've figured that out lol, well good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    St. Andrews I suspect unofficially competes with Durham but I think on edge they win over them.

I'm personally applying for Theoretical Physics with Mathematics!

ReputationRep:
    If you're thinking of physics I can invite you to a WhatsApp Group for people studying physics at undergraduate level.

(it's just me at the moment though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSebWilkes)
    St. Andrews I suspect unofficially competes with Durham but I think on edge they win over them.

I'm personally applying for Theoretical Physics with Mathematics!
    thanks for your response, and good luck in your application too, maybe see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Do St Andrews. Not sure subject wise, but as a whole it has a slightly better reputation academically than Durham. Plus, it has a high student satisfaction rate, everyone I know who goes there loves it, however the quite of the few of my friends who go to Durham wish they hadn't firmed it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.