Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm Emily and I am in my first year of Sixth form, studying Maths, Physics, History and Chemistry! I am really scared and overwhelmed already...
    My GCSE results were:

Spoiler:
    Show

Maths: 8 (A*)
    Physics: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Biology: A*
    History: A* (100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Geography: A*
    Spanish: A*
    Italian: A*
    Dance: A (A miracle???)
    English Language: 7 (A)
    English Lit: 5 (we try to ignore this)

Here's some info about my journey already:
    When I was in Year 7-9 I was AWFUL at maths, it didn't make sense and so I just gave up; but I got sick of being the worst. I got sick of falling behind, so I took matters into my own hands. In the final term of year 9 I started asking questions, and doing homework the hardcore way. And it worked for everything else too. I revised at my 100% effort for every test and never got any less than an A after year 10.

But, for my GCSE, I got a 5(C/B no one is really sure tbh) in English Lit and I swear I cried for hours it was awful because it was my best subject and I wrote over 20 essays for revision.

After this, I kinds lost motivation, and before that in GCSE season, my motivation had been slipping away because I was getting sad.

I still do work, I get anxiety if I don't, but I am finding it harder and harder t motivate myself. We, together, are about to work it out together. We are going to succeed!!!!!!

I love learning, so much, and I really want to go to Oxford.

Today, I have done my maths homework, which was on data sampling and it was quite easy, and there isn't really much else I can do because I have run out of revision cards! But I think I am going to write some notes for my next physics lesson and read over some physics revision cards that I have already made.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.