Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey, i havent seen a pharmacy one yet so it is just to add one. has anyone received any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachyyyy)
    hey, i havent seen a pharmacy one yet so it is just to add one. has anyone received any offers yet?
    Feel free to ask me any questions as I have just started studying pharmacy at Strathclyde

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callme123)
    Feel free to ask me any questions as I have just started studying pharmacy at Strathclyde
    thank you 😊 i have a few questions actually haha. do you remember if the university gets back to you on a 'first come, first served' basis or do they wait until February? i havent had any confirmation email from the university for pharmacy and i sent it away about a month ago 😟 also, do you learn much about diseases or is it just how the drugs activate in your body?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    thank you 😊 i have a few questions actually haha. do you remember if the university gets back to you on a 'first come, first served' basis or do they wait until February? i havent had any confirmation email from the university for pharmacy and i sent it away about a month ago 😟 also, do you learn much about diseases or is it just how the drugs activate in your body?
    I'll message you

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest and coming from a Year 13 student, I still need to apply for my course and I'm so stuck between Biochemistry and Pharmacy! I would defintely love to become a physician associate or hospital pharmacist as I enjoy the idea of working with patients But which is a slightly better option? Is biochem easier or more enjoyable to learn or pharmacy? I heard that the pharmacy career prospectus is not looking good And I thought you need a 2:2 or above in a bachelors degree, so can I decide not to do the masters in pharmacy if I decide to become a physician associate?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does chemistry with drugs discovery count as a bioscience degree?

ReputationRep:
    I would also be interested to know when Strathclyde normally get back to applicants 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktd0)
    I would also be interested to know when Strathclyde normally get back to applicants 😊
    if it helps i didn't get any email saying when i should hear back from Strathclyde for pharmacy. however, i did get an email from chemistry w.d.d. and they said they like to wait until February and evaluate all personal statements at the same time. I know a few departments run by this strategy so I reckon pharmacy is the same as it seems to be an over subscribed option.

ReputationRep:
    if it helps i didn't get any email saying when i should hear back from Strathclyde for pharmacy. however, i did get an email from chemistry w.d.d. and they said they like to wait until February and evaluate all personal statements at the same time. I know a few departments run by this strategy so I reckon pharmacy is the same as it seems to be an over subscribed option.
    That’s great, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Received a conditional form RGU but still waiting to hear back from Strathclyde although they did send me an email saying that most offers wouldn't be made until Feb

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional back mid December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimusInRobore)
    Got a conditional back mid December
    for Strathclyde?

ReputationRep:
    for Strathclyde?
    Aye. Robert Gordon sent an unconditional a while back but I got the reply from Strathclyde on the 19th. I need a B and a C in any order in Advanced Maths and Chemistry and a B in my Higher Human Biology. I'm predicted A's so fingers crossed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimusInRobore)
    Aye. Robert Gordon sent an unconditional a while back but I got the reply from Strathclyde on the 19th. I need a B and a C in any order in Advanced Maths and Chemistry and a B in my Higher Human Biology. I'm predicted A's so fingers crossed...
    Congrats!! and good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!! and good luck!!
    Thanks and you too!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have the same Q's as you, could someone please answer her questions publicly.

Pharmacy was my 5th back-up choice and I sent my application mid-October, does the uni run on a 'first come, first served' method?
    Also is this Pharmacy course very chemistry based or is it quite generalised e.g. drug reactions and functions of bodily systems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cozzie_toes)
    Hey, I have the same Q's as you, could someone please answer her questions publicly.

Pharmacy was my 5th back-up choice and I sent my application mid-October, does the uni run on a 'first come, first served' method?
    Also is this Pharmacy course very chemistry based or is it quite generalised e.g. drug reactions and functions of bodily systems?

I got a reply in December so I'm not sure. About the second one: https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/und...uate/pharmacy/
    If you look under course content then it'll hopefully tell you what you want to know.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have just received a conditional offer for strathclyde pharmacy for second year entry. My conditions are BB, in biology and chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve heard people have been getting offers back today. If I haven’t does that mean I’ve been rejected??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abby_2000)
    I’ve heard people have been getting offers back today. If I haven’t does that mean I’ve been rejected??
    I haven't either, dont worry. I've only heard of one offer in my whole local area getting an offer for pharmacy at Strathclyde (there may be more that i dont know about, but all my friends who have appled haven't heard anything either!)

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.