The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde Pharmacy Applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by AnimusInRobore
I went to the open day in Autumn there and loved it and I've had my heart set on the course for ages so I took the leap a week ago aha. I've got Chemical Engineering as a back up. I also took part in a Skype chat with one of the staff so if you have any questions I might be able to answer some. Apparently we get Wednesday afternoons off 😂

Wednesday afternoons off? Haha that's nice!
Good to hear you're doing something you love tho! Can you describe what's the campus like over there? There's so little information about Strathclyde online, but Glasgow seems to be a nice place to be in.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
It's near Central Station (5-10 min walk), George Square and St Enoch' s Shopping Centre. Labs are kitted out fully and there is a dispensary. We get an website where we can get asked MCQs and get all the lecture notes. We are advised to work no more than 10 hours a week part time.
The building looks great (Google SIPBS) and is just across from the amazing new sports centre they are building. The building is also really close to the Union (which in my opinion is better than the Queen Margaret Union). We will be working at times with the Biomedical students. We are eligible for Erasmus and a placement to Portugual.
There are also monitors in the labs to receive instruction and we will have group based workshops. Also we are really close to the Library.
We could be in doing something course related every day apart from a Wednesday afternoon.
We also can access Glasgow Unis Library.
Anything else you want to know?
(edited 6 years ago)
Is there an offers holder page??
Original post by abby_2000
Is there an offers holder page??

No idea but I don't think so...
Late to the party but I got a conditional for year 2 a few months ago and I need BB in my advanced higher biology and chemistry. Anyone else with a conditional how do u feel your exams are going???
Original post by CameronDalrymple
Late to the party but I got a conditional for year 2 a few months ago and I need BB in my advanced higher biology and chemistry. Anyone else with a conditional how do u feel your exams are going???

i got a conditional offer with 5.80 overall for my diploma and i got 5.72 ... wish me luck in receiving a place
Yes I have. My joining date is January 2019.My name is Rupinder and I am from India. I applied for Ph.D in Pharmacy. Can anyone guide me regarding scholarships because there is not any scholarship for January 2019 available yet. Does anyone have any idea when it opens?
Original post by callme123
Feel free to ask me any questions as I have just started studying pharmacy at Strathclyde

Can you please guide me regarding when do the scholarships for January 2019 are likely to open?
Original post by Rupinder dhamoon
Can you please guide me regarding when do the scholarships for January 2019 are likely to open?

Hi @Rupinder dhamoon - glad to hear you are coming to join us at Strathclyde. You can find information on fees and funding for our DPharm programme here

As you are joining us from India, I am also going to pop a private message over to you now with the email address of my colleague within in the international team. He works a lot in India so will be best placed to advise you :smile:

Have a look at your inbox as i will send the details over now.

best wishes,

Sarah - Strathclyde Uni Official Rep
Reply 49
Anyone know how to find their applicant number for applying to bursaries?
Reply 50
Hey guys! Going into my final year of Pharmacy at Kingston university (fantastic university by the way!). If anyone has any questions regarding the course message me here, or send me a private message! :smile:

Gavin
Who's all going to be starting the Mpharm in September then? :smile:
Hi I am from India and I have received offer letter from University of Strathclyde for Ph.D in pharmacy. But the tuition and fees are quite high for international student like me. Can anyone tell me when do the doctoral scholarships for October session usually become available? Since this course is under Faculty of Science, I am not eligible for doctoral fees only scholarships currently on website as it required joining before 31st July 2018. If anyone can help me regarding any type of funding for my Ph.D project, that will be great.
Hi Rupinder,

Our list of scholarships available to Science students can be found here: https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/scholarships/sciencescholarships/

Some of the deadlines have passed, however there are still a few scholarships available but you need to apply for these by the 31st August, 3rd September and 17th September at the very latest.

Hope this helps- any other questions then let me know!

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
Does anyone know when students Startig this September will get their timetables?
Does anyone know when students Startig this September will get their timetables?

Hi @abby_2000 - Thanks for your message! Glad to hear you are coming to join us at Strathclyde. I believe a few new students have already started to receive their timetables so I would hope yours should be with you very soon. If you still haven't received by next week I would advise contacting your department directly. If you need a contact number let me know and I will be happy to pass on.

Looking forward to welcoming you to Strathclyde in a few weeks! :smile:

Sarah - Strathclyde Rep
Hi everyone!

Are there any group chats for new students starting Pharmacy at Strathclyde this September?
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hi @abby_2000 - Thanks for your message! Glad to hear you are coming to join us at Strathclyde. I believe a few new students have already started to receive their timetables so I would hope yours should be with you very soon. If you still haven't received by next week I would advise contacting your department directly. If you need a contact number let me know and I will be happy to pass on.

Looking forward to welcoming you to Strathclyde in a few weeks! :smile:

Sarah - Strathclyde Rep

Thank you for replying! Do I receive it by email or through post?

Hi,

You can see your timetable if you log on to Pegasus and click the Myplace home link and select view your timetable.
So are we off every friday?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending