Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Working With Control Freaks Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is this even possible?

I've heard it said that many control freaks swear by it. They 100% want to remain control freaks. I have to ask, if there are any people who identify as such on here...how do you live with yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekuyper)
    Is this even possible?

I've heard it said that many control freaks swear by it. They 100% want to remain control freaks. I have to ask, if there are any people who identify as such on here...how do you live with yourself?
    is this about your lady boss ?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I would say it's possible, but undoubtedly harder considering you may need to do extra stuff that are completely unnecessary and some of their orders might not be the most beneficial. Plus, it can be more mentally damaging to work with those types of people.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, nothing worse than relying on other people for stuff but it has to be done at times.

ReputationRep:
    Being a control freak kinda sucks ngl :'D I didn't realise how much of one I was until I started doing a course I actually enjoy and I just wanna do a good job ;-;
    But I've definitely learned how to relax a little bit (and do some cleaning up behind the scenes lol).

Good luck D:

ReputationRep:
    It depends on context. When I worked a 'normal' job, I would rather do things myself because at least then I knew things would get done properly (so I basically didn't trust my co-workers, and for good reasons). Now I have no problem letting someone else do thing because I work with smart people with good senses of initiative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlowerTron)
    Being a control freak kinda sucks ngl :'D I didn't realise how much of one I was until I started doing a course I actually enjoy and I just wanna do a good job ;-;
    But I've definitely learned how to relax a little bit (and do some cleaning up behind the scenes lol).

Good luck D:
    I'm sure I tempted fate.

Since posting this thread I've become a bit of a control freak myself at work. I'm thinking it's because I'm with a new starter.

I feel like I have to explain basic things such as how to use a stapler and how how to use a computer mouse.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.