Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I be concerned about finishing university single? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just seems so many people I know are in relationships.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who finishes University single gets bumped down one class - so if you were going to get 2:1 you would now get a 2:2 and vice versa. Better get your game up now, or hire one of these "fake girlfriends" :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the terribly unhelpful sarcastic reply.

Let me just direct you to the category this question was posted in so you can feel intellectually defeated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skywheel)
    Thanks for the terribly unhelpful sarcastic reply.

Let me just direct you to the category this question was posted in so you can feel intellectually defeated.
    Hang on, then what do you expect people to say? Is this a rhetorical thread - if people say yes what are you going to do about it? You just want to hear people say nah, it's ok... which is obviously the answer here :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    This is not a rhetorical thread, you’re just seeing it very linearly.

I’m expecting people to give their different takes on how things have been for them and how it may alter finances, work life etc. Post-graduation.

I know it’s not a “bad” thing. But it’s also not inherently a “good” thing either. Just looking for people’s thoughts.

Your reply did nothing good. It didn’t offer insight, it didn’t hold any value. It’s just you trying to entirely abolish the question in a rather impolite way.

ReputationRep:
    Stuff
    I can say that about your original post, or all of your answers. If that is what you are looking for why not put it in the first post?

If you’re focusing on your career and goals, I’d say it’s not such a bad thing. I can see why you’d think it’s a bad thing, I guess we all expected to have it all together by then. Have you tried dating and it hasn’t gone well for you or was you just not looking for it ?

ReputationRep:
    No. Many grads will be relocating all over the country after graduation anyway so you'd probably have difficulty maintaining a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't exactly bad. There are millions of students who leave Uni single because they couldn't find the right girl/boy for them. This is completely okay. You're not alone. I can't speak for myself as I'm starting Uni tomorrow, but good luck with what ever your future holds for you mate. Hope you find the perfect girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    I can say that about your original post, or all of your answers. If that is what you are looking for why not put it in the first post?
    You don’t need to participate here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    No. Many grads will be relocating all over the country after graduation anyway so you'd probably have difficulty maintaining a relationship.
    Ah, I haven’t actually considered that. I always felt that they’d be starting their lives together or something I guess is pretty cliche

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaynnn)
    It isn't exactly bad. There are millions of students who leave Uni single because they couldn't find the right girl/boy for them. This is completely okay. You're not alone. I can't speak for myself as I'm starting Uni tomorrow, but good luck with what ever your future holds for you mate. Hope you find the perfect girl.
    Thanks, this made me feel a lot better. Had a good time at uni!

ReputationRep:
    You don’t need to participate here.
    Erm I can participate in whatever, there is freedom of speech and you don't control where I post. Who's saying who's impolite again?

ReputationRep:
    you do not need to worry. however yoony is an ideal place to meet your future wife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    Erm I can participate whatever, there is freedom of speech and you don't control where I post. Who's saying who's impolite again?
    It’s not impolite. Just a reminder. You seem frustrated and you’re more than free to go spend your time well.

ReputationRep:
    In hindsight while it may well be associated with a lot of sexual frustration, it's not the end of the world. The world at work is a new an vista of opportunity and more fruitful in my experience than the intense university environment.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all.

ReputationRep:
    Do what makes you happy and fulfilled, and don't worry too much about what you're 'supposed' to have done by any particular time in your life.

ReputationRep:
    Kids these days.
    Is this what you should be concerned about? At your age?

Young man, back in the days when we were in school, it was a thing of pride to graduate as a virgin and with a top class grade. What are children these days turning into?

I hope you do realise that your main purpose and focus right now is to further your studies and land yourself a very good job.

Stay a virgin (I hope)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No, many people are in your situation. I was.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.