Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't know how to revise for biology...HELP! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    With biology i feel like i can do really well or really bad an i just cant find one way of studying that works for it, any tips??

ReputationRep:
    Practice papers, mind maps, flash cards, revision cards, repetition, note-making, creating quizzes to do, testing yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Flashcard are good but they are VERY messy and hard to keep them organized

ReputationRep:
    If you're struggling to keep flash cards organised, I like to use Anki (a multiplatform online flash card website) which stores them all for me and allows me to review only those that I'm about to forget. Best of luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomula)
    If you're struggling to keep flash cards organised, I like to use Anki (a multiplatform online flash card website) which stores them all for me and allows me to review only those that I'm about to forget. Best of luck!

thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    Flashcard are good but they are VERY messy and hard to keep them organized
    thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Practice papers, mind maps, flash cards, revision cards, repetition, note-making, creating quizzes to do, testing yourself.
    Thank you, this is actually really useful!!

ReputationRep:
    I got one of those big hinged rings bit like a key ring and used a hole punch to put a hole in each corner of all my handwritten flashcards - with pictures questions and definitions so i could flip them and keep them in order

ReputationRep:
    Get book about biology then... Read it hehehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serper)
    Get book about biology then... Read it hehehehe
    Good idea never thought of that!

ReputationRep:
    I got an A-Level Workbook off Amazon, had something like 300 questions in it. It covers Topics 3 to 8, and has a really handy guide that tells you the best way to use it (start off answering with sylabbus, move up till you almost know the questions off by heart - that kinda thing)
    The answers all look similar to the ones you get in past papers, so I think it's a good way to learn what the examiner is wanting

ReputationRep:
    All of the above suggestions are really good - i especially use flash cards, past questions and mind maps. But also, I sometimes write a topic and have to make structured bullet points asif i was explaining the concept to an alien. Or explain it to someone who doesnt study bio. That way, you can test if you really know something inside out ? I dont know if that makes sense !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.