Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tips for getting an A in A-Level Physics Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’m aiming high for A/A* in my other two subjects, but since Physics is a hard subject I’d be extremely happy with an A. It’s too late to change so I’m going to work hard. Any tips or useful resources for getting an A?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Crack down on understanding the theories and do every single question that you can get your hands on. My teacher told me that he was an examination junkie, so he literally went through all the past questions (even from older specs) that he could do, eventually you'll do them all and when you get to the exam, they'll have a similar question about the topics
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    A fundamental understanding why things behave the way they do is critical and not just learning the equations. So do read beyond the syllabus and get things explained from different perspectives.

You will not get that A* grade without it.

As with anything else, practice, practice, practice.

ReputationRep:
    Understand why each process/equation works so that you can answer a variety of questions around the topic, not just what the textbook/teacher has said.

I'm currently working at an A* in physics and I have mind maps/notes on different concepts so I can understand the background of them, as well as notes I've made in class/from the textbook. Try and do a few practice questions regularly to make sure you don't forget key aspects/exam technique.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.