Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been on a few dates with a guy I met online
    He normally responds quickly to messages on whatsapp

But I noticed sometimes that he will come online on whatsapp lots of times and leave my message as unread.

I know sometimes you might be busy and not have time to respond therefore don't click to open the message (we all do this including my friends) but I worry that it's a sign he isn't interested or loosing interest

I have a date with him this week. I'm not going to mention it or anything but just find it annoying

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Don't take it on face value there is more to it.
    Try to meet him and then only reach to a conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    I know that feeling when someone is online and that person isn't responding to u....
    But it might be that he was busy..
    We should never jump on conclusions so fast.
    I did it and I am still regretting it.

(Original post by Sonal Maharjan)
    I know that feeling when someone is online and that person isn't responding to u....
    But it might be that he was busy..
    We should never jump on conclusions so fast.
    I did it and I am still regretting it.
    Thanks yes I know that he was going out yesterday so would have been busy. And my message didn't really require a response or anything

What happened in your situation?
    I'm seeing him this week so will see how things are in person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks yes I know that he was going out yesterday so would have been busy. And my message didn't really require a response or anything

What happened in your situation?
    I'm seeing him this week so will see how things are in person
    had to do a double take and read that again i thought u wrote "so will see how things are in prison" i was like hol up lemme read again xD

ReputationRep:
    Good.. If you are feeling something then tell him so that there won't be any misunderstanding.

In my case, we were good at first but something changed and boom! everything changed.
    He ignored my messages and only talked when he felt like talking. We haven't talked for months now. But I don't care.. I don't need someone like him. It's better to be alone that to have someone like him.

(Original post by Sonal Maharjan)
    Good.. If you are feeling something then tell him so that there won't be any misunderstanding.

In my case, we were good at first but something changed and boom! everything changed.
    He ignored my messages and only talked when he felt like talking. We haven't talked for months now. But I don't care.. I don't need someone like him. It's better to be alone that to have someone like him.
    It's frustrating when that happens and people waste your time/ mess you around etc but you are right better to be alone than worrying about where you stand all the time

I've only been on a few dates with this guy so we aren't official or anything but I do like him. I am seeing him this week which we have arranged so perhaps there isn't as much of a need to message loads if we know we are seeing each other

ReputationRep:
    good..
    I'm happy for you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.