Turn on thread page Beta

Is anybody else struggling with 9-1 Edexcel History GCSE watch

ReputationRep:
    only advice for History; make mind maps and flash cards! I've finished Nazi Germany in 2 DAYS and I'm almost finished Crime and Punishment and literally do the practice papers straight afterwards, buy the revision guides if you have already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shammahx)
    The topics I study are:
    Medicine Through Time
    Henry VIII and his Ministers
    The American West
    Weimar & Nazi Germany

Year 10:
    In the end of Unit for Medicine I got a 5
    In the end of Unit for Henry I got a 7
    In the mocks for Medicine I got a 5 again and I dropped to a 6 in Henry
    Year11:
    My teacher decided that an end of unit for American West wasn’t necessary (which freaks me out)
    Now I’m currently studying Germany

I’m quite academic, I’m part of G&T and I’m within the top 20 students in the year. Based on KS2 data my target is a 7.

However, I find remembering content quite easy but struggle with exam technique. Whilst in the exam I feel like I’m making excellent explanations but when I get my paper back to my teacher they’re not good. Meeting A02 is stressful. My teacher is adamant I can reach my target though.

Can anyone share their experience with GCSE history please? Good or bad and Why do you think you’re doing well and why do you think you’re struggling.
    You have to follow the exam formula religiously and constantly link it back, make a concious effort to link it back my teacher is quite critical and won't give you full marks for a perfect answer unless I have clearly showed that I have linked

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 9, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.