And I don't know why?
    Welcome to the TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    And........?
    That's the thing... I don't know why.

What is the point of this thread then?

ReputationRep:
    Probably because every corner you turn there's people with 3 A*'s and you're sat here with your BTEC in hair & beauty - or that's just me.

Spoiler:
    Show

I don't actually have a BTEC in hair and beauty... I wish I did.

ReputationRep:
    What is the point of this thread then?
    To see if anyone could suggest why.

(Original post by Tom-K)
    To see if anyone could suggest why.
    People get depressed for all sorts of reasons... wow do you expect us to be psychics / psychatrists now?

ReputationRep:
    People get depressed for all sorts of reasons... wow do you expect us to be psychics / psychatrists now?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    SAME!!
    Just recently I was looking on an applicants thread for my 1st choice uni, all the replies were pretty much "Hey I got A* A* A* A* A* A* , I submitted my application 30 seconds ago, haven't got a response! Someone help PLEASE!!!" and I'm just sitting there with average grades worrying about not getting in and they're all worrying for literally no reason at all, I'm sure the uni would welcome them with open arms!

(Original post by December126)
    SAME!!
    Just recently I was looking on an applicants thread for my 1st choice uni, all the replies were pretty much "Hey I got A* A* A* A* A* A* , I submitted my application 30 seconds ago, haven't got a response! Someone help PLEASE!!!" and I'm just sitting there with average grades worrying about not getting in and they're all worrying for literally no reason at all, I'm sure the uni would welcome them with open arms!
    If it's Medicine you are talking about, a student with 3 A*s may still not get in - so don't despair. (Many universities look at interview scores rather than academic scores to make the offer, the A-Level grades are used to make an interview offer)

ReputationRep:
    Don't go on tsr then
    lol it's not a hard solution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by December126)
    SAME!!
    I have a friend who got an unconditional offer saying stuff like "guys I'm really panicking over my grades, I think I completely failed maths" and I was just there like you're going either way, you've started uni shopping, how on earth are you worried?

ReputationRep:
    You're not the only one :beer:

ReputationRep:
    Log off then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I have a friend who got an unconditional offer saying stuff like "guys I'm really panicking over my grades, I think I completely failed maths" and I was just there like you're going either way, you've started uni shopping, how on earth are you worried?
    I know a few ppl like that! So frustrating, I would give a kidney for an unconditional place, that would be soo amazing!! I'll probs jusy get conditional offers and Id be too scared to go shopping for uni until I actually know I'm in, incase I don't get in ://

ReputationRep:
    Could it be that you're comparing yourself to others? If so, remember to look at your own situation first and foremost. Everyone's path is different.

maybe u just recognised that u spend too much time on here?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.