Urgent; sociology//cultural deprivation

Watch
username2905396
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, I know that cultural capital is having the knowledge of the tastes and lifestyles of the middle class, such things include visits to the museum, theatre, speaking 'properly'. however the question is 'Explain cultrual deprivation' (2marks), I'm aware it's just the opposite of cultural capital but I'm not sure how to word it, does 'Cultural deprivation means lacking the knowledge/tastes/lifestyles of the middle classes i.e someone who is culturally deprived will not value museum visits, speak in the restircted code (where sentences are not properly formed and most phrases are slang), have parents who do not encourage learning outside/within the classroom' sound okay?

thanks
Future-Barista
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
if i remember correctly then yes, it pretty much means what you think it means

also, have you mentioned pierre bourdieu yet? if you haven't thrn you should definitely include him.
username2905396
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Future-Barista)
if i remember correctly then yes, it pretty much means what you think it means

also, have you mentioned pierre bourdieu yet? if you haven't thrn you should definitely include him.
Thank you, I will mention him
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed