Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, im applying for uni and im thinking of choosing accountancy and finance. im thinking of applying to Hertfordshire or Manchester met. i was wondering if anyone who does the course has any advise. is it an interesting course? what do you learn in the course? any help would be appreciated!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haroon900)
    hi, im applying for uni and im thinking of choosing accountancy and finance. im thinking of applying to Hertfordshire or Manchester met. i was wondering if anyone who does the course has any advise. is it an interesting course? what do you learn in the course? any help would be appreciated!
    Hi @haroon900,

I didn't study accounting and finance I'm afraid (English Literature ) but I can let you know a bit about the course. It's a really dynamic course where alongisde the core modules in accounting principles and economics etc. you can choose the modules that interest you the most to really shape your degree to your interests.

The course is accredited by lots of professional bodies including the ACCA, ICAEW and CIMA. This means you will also be a exempt from a number of professional exams and therefore can qualify faster!

There is the option to take a year long work placement or study abroad during your degree. This gives you amazing real-world experience and looks great on your CV.

There's lots of stats about the course on the unistats page here - https://unistats.ac.uk/subjects/empl...eturnTo/Search

89% of students were satisfied with the course in the NSS rankings and 92% found the staff good at explaining things.

Hope that helps. If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

Are you planning on coming along to an open day?

Thanks,
    Heather

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.