Why do so many young people want to become an RAF pilot? Watch

username3457004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It seems mainly male teenagers, I know a lot of friends who have joined the air cadets because they want to become an RAF Pilot, I thought about it for a while why there is such a large interest in becoming an RAF pilot yet I just couldn't figure out why, I asked one of my friends why he wants a career as an RAF pilot and to my surprise he himself did not know, he just said everyone else is doing it so I want to! Which is quite worrying as it seems everyone else is joining the Air Cadets because everyone else is, this is the wrong career path for most teenagers at they have no idea why they're doing it, any thoughts?
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
One word
Spoiler:
Show

MONEY
Froppy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They watched the movie Top Gun one time.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheCoolStool)
It seems mainly male teenagers, I know a lot of friends who have joined the air cadets because they want to become an RAF Pilot, I thought about it for a while why there is such a large interest in becoming an RAF pilot yet I just couldn't figure out why, I asked one of my friends why he wants a career as an RAF pilot and to my surprise he himself did not know, he just said everyone else is doing it so I want to! Which is quite worrying as it seems everyone else is joining the Air Cadets because everyone else is, this is the wrong career path for most teenagers at they have no idea why they're doing it, any thoughts?
Flying fast jets.

Excitement and adrenalin.

Blowing things up.

Boys n big toys.

Pussy magnet.
username3457004
Rep:
?
(Original post by The RAR)
One word
Spoiler:
Show

MONEY

Surely they would go with a better paid job, as the salary of an RAF pilot isn't to good anyway and is barely above average.
rubyft123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My friend wants to join the RAF but it is something she is really quite passionate about, but her main influence is her dad, who was in the RAF. I think the reasons are different for each person and we can't really generalize why people as a whole want to join but yeah, a lot of people want to do it because of their friends. Or if you're in my all-girls school, people join air cadets because of the boys
username3457004
Rep:
?
(Original post by uberteknik)
Flying fast jets.

Excitement and adrenalin.

Blowing things up.

Boys n toys.

Pussy magnet.
Surely the flying would get boring after a while, and they would be blowing things up while in a jet only several times in there whole career.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheCoolStool)
Surely the flying would get boring after a while, and they would be blowing things up while in a jet only several times in there whole career.
Nah. RAF fast jets are not long haul airliners.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads