Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you drink alcohol and why/why not? Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It's tasty and makes boring people tolerable...

ReputationRep:
    i don't really drink because I'm that stereotypical introvert™ and I'm pretty low on cash :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't drink because then i would need to interact with the person selling it... and i have a strong dislike for people in general.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Occasionally and usually just to take the edge off. I've not been drunk for years.

ReputationRep:
    I do occasionally, but mostly with my boyfriend. I've only ever had white wine spritzers. They're my go-to.

ReputationRep:
    I am under 18, but honestly, I would never drink alcohol. Not only do know the health risks, I hate the taste and the smell even more. I have only tried prosecco but I absolutely hated it.

If I ever did drink, though, it would be controlled - I would not binge drink. That is the worst for you. Loads of my friends have got really drunk and thrown up and stuff. So no I don't drink, and I don't think I ever will

ReputationRep:
    No & never will. Full of oestrogen and makes you fat and degenerate.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Same reason why people eat junk food. It tastes good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emms98)
    Nope.

Too expensive (I'm trying to save up for a house deposit for the future & possibly buy a car) and I don't see what's so appealing about it.

I'm not religious at all, so I'm not abstaining because I fear some god is going to smite me down for drinking something that's naturally brewed from sugar and yeast.

ReputationRep:
    Before I would've said No coz of religious reasons but now.....I might try it once sometime in the future just to quench my thirst for curiosity.

ReputationRep:
    Used to get pissed every weekend and fit in a couple of beers on most days of the week round my mate's house. More or less stopped drinking now, haven't had a drink since 2015 but I'm not adverse to a very occasional drink still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Nope.

Too expensive (I'm trying to save up for a house deposit for the future & possibly buy a car) and I don't see what's so appealing about it.

I'm not religious at all, so I'm not abstaining because I fear some god is going to smite me down for drinking something that's naturally brewed from sugar and yeast.
    I completely agree.

ReputationRep:
    no do not feel the need to tbh

ReputationRep:
    no, tastes gross and I'm a confident extrovert so I don't need alcohol to "liven up" etc
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I do occasionally but I shouldn't and I always regret it.

ReputationRep:
    Not anymore, bad experiences and I don't like being drunk

ReputationRep:
    no bc its harammmmmmmmmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    I've never found that it brings me joy so a few years ago I decided to cut it out. Other people can drink and I do not judge them but it's not for me.

ReputationRep:
    I drink before going to a social event, it calms me and makes me more social towards others

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.