Turn on thread page Beta

Do you drink alcohol and why/why not? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It's tasty and makes boring people tolerable...

ReputationRep:
    i don't really drink because I'm that stereotypical introvert™ and I'm pretty low on cash :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't drink because then i would need to interact with the person selling it... and i have a strong dislike for people in general.

ReputationRep:
    Occasionally and usually just to take the edge off. I've not been drunk for years.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I do occasionally, but mostly with my boyfriend. I've only ever had white wine spritzers. They're my go-to.

ReputationRep:
    I am under 18, but honestly, I would never drink alcohol. Not only do know the health risks, I hate the taste and the smell even more. I have only tried prosecco but I absolutely hated it.

If I ever did drink, though, it would be controlled - I would not binge drink. That is the worst for you. Loads of my friends have got really drunk and thrown up and stuff. So no I don't drink, and I don't think I ever will

ReputationRep:
    No & never will. Full of oestrogen and makes you fat and degenerate.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Same reason why people eat junk food. It tastes good.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Emms98)
    Nope.

Too expensive (I'm trying to save up for a house deposit for the future & possibly buy a car) and I don't see what's so appealing about it.

I'm not religious at all, so I'm not abstaining because I fear some god is going to smite me down for drinking something that's naturally brewed from sugar and yeast.

ReputationRep:
    Before I would've said No coz of religious reasons but now.....I might try it once sometime in the future just to quench my thirst for curiosity.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Used to get pissed every weekend and fit in a couple of beers on most days of the week round my mate's house. More or less stopped drinking now, haven't had a drink since 2015 but I'm not adverse to a very occasional drink still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Nope.

Too expensive (I'm trying to save up for a house deposit for the future & possibly buy a car) and I don't see what's so appealing about it.

I'm not religious at all, so I'm not abstaining because I fear some god is going to smite me down for drinking something that's naturally brewed from sugar and yeast.
    I completely agree.

ReputationRep:
    no do not feel the need to tbh

ReputationRep:
    no, tastes gross and I'm a confident extrovert so I don't need alcohol to "liven up" etc
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I do occasionally but I shouldn't and I always regret it.

ReputationRep:
    Not anymore, bad experiences and I don't like being drunk

ReputationRep:
    no bc its harammmmmmmmmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    I've never found that it brings me joy so a few years ago I decided to cut it out. Other people can drink and I do not judge them but it's not for me.

ReputationRep:
    I drink before going to a social event, it calms me and makes me more social towards others

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.