Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you drink alcohol and why/why not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No, I have never had a sip of alcohol because it's bad for health, could start an addiction etc

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. I currently live in Las Vegas so it'd be rude not to! I am 26 though & I certainly enjoy the taste of alcohol now as opposed to back when I was 17/18/19 where it was more drinking to yet drunk.
    I love alcohol but hate hangovers so I prefer to get tipsy & then slow down or stop.

ReputationRep:
    Because I ****ing love it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't because of my anxiety. I get this thing called derealization where I feel really detached from the world and I think drinking would make it worse.

ReputationRep:
    all the people who don't drink need to get mortal and pull birds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocodile_ears)
    I don't because of my anxiety. I get this thing called derealization where I feel really detached from the world and I think drinking would make it worse.
    it would help u kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by betts6326)
    it would help u kid
    Eh it could but I definitely wouldn't risk it. Expecially considering it could definitely lead you to becoming an alcoholic if it works, or it could just flat out make you feel more detached.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Only socially

ReputationRep:
    Yes I drink alcohol during social events or if I need a pick me up. It makes everything just seem more... fun!!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, because generally I enjoy being under the influence of alcohol and it makes me way less socially anxious in situations which normally would.

Yes.

Well, I force myself to in some social situations.

It is very hard to drink, it tastes awful, and the after-taste is worse.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      Yes, because it tastes beautiful.

ReputationRep:
      Stopped several months ago and I don't think I ever will again.

(Original post by Zxyn)
      I do and I hate it tbh, but I think there’s just something in my genes which keeps trying to make me love it, so it’s a love-hate thing
      :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by eden3)
      Stopped several months ago and I don't think I ever will again.

:lolwut:
      A little too transparent? I think I should delete that :laugh:

ReputationRep:
      Maybe a glass of wine or gin and mixer on an evening but my days of going out and getting drunk are long gone

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Trapz99)
      No, I have never had a sip of alcohol because it's bad for health, could start an addiction etc
      lmao

dont eat takeaways then

ReputationRep:
      No unless someone buys it for me 😂😂

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Proxenus)
      lmao

dont eat takeaways then
      I don’t

ReputationRep:
      I don’t drink because I don’t like it. I’ve seen and heard too many terrible stories from those who do

ReputationRep:
      Nope never liked alcohol coz the taste is just awful. Since the age of 18 when I started working as an engineer, all my older work colleagues would try to get me to taste different alcohol and they just didn't taste nice. I seriously do not see the hype of it. I have never gotten drunk before but I did force myself once when I was 18 to drink like one whole glass and i was seeing 4 doors instead of one so never again. I only did it coz of peer pressure but now I know better. Even on new years when my parents give me and my brothers like two drops of champagne, I have to either decline it or because I don't want to be rude I just take a tiny sip and throw the rest away out of respect. Also my dad only drinks like half a glass of champagne or even less and he never allowed such at home so I guess I grew up not wanting one and now that am 22, I am still confused as to what the hype is apart from getting drunk, looking cool and having hangover and headache the whole day.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.