Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you drink alcohol and why/why not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to drink very heavily: bottles of vodka in the wardrobe, 3L ciders on the dl, and even got into homebrewing for a little while. I don't really care for it nowadays and recently had a blood test that showed gout, which gave me a reason to really curb it besides my hair falling out. I haven't had much of the creature in about two years.

ReputationRep:
    I've never drunk alcohol which has screwed me over socially lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soIiIoquy)
    dont tell me what to and what not to do. my decision, my choice.
    As far as I'm concerned you can do what you want, I'm a liberal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    As far as I'm concerned you can do what you want, I'm a liberal.
    ok

ReputationRep:
    No because I know it tastes like garbage . People just like the feeling it gives you after. Being drunk and stuff. And yeah it's also haram.

ReputationRep:
    its gross
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    A lot of it tastes pretty disgusting and I'm too poor to just go out and get drunk willy nilly 😥

ReputationRep:
    Love me some red wine or real ale, the occasional whisky as well. Don't drink any chemical piss beers though(Carling, Fosters etc).

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah!! Love parties. I really really hate the taste of alcohol, but after enough of it you start to forget about the taste no offense to the other people on here, but people who don't drink are generally pretty boring, at parties and not. all the non-drinkers i've ever met have either been annoyingly self righteous, or so introverted there's no point in trying to hold a conversation. it's nice to have a couple beers and relax with your mates too. and it might be bad for your health, but so is eating junk food and we all do anyways, much more thasn we drink alcohol. I'm living for a good time, not for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not a big fan of drinking alcohol. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I know my limit. I don't buy cheap alcohol and drink with whom I can trust.
    Sometimes I'm at a house party and it helps the social anxiety.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve familiarised myself with the health risks that I just don’t bother with it. I’m 16 btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 408655)
    I don’t drink because I don’t like it. I’ve seen and heard too many terrible stories from those who do
    That's really good idea not to drink alcohol. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rivaldo44)
    That's really good idea not to drink alcohol. Thanks!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I don't really drink. I tend to tell people I can't coz of my meds (which isn't entirely a lie) but the real reason is because I'm a control freak and hate being out of control. I don't really handle alcohol that well and could probably get drunk pretty quickly. I'd rather just not drink it and be in full control of my faculties
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I do, about once a month if that, I like to drink wine with meals or have a couple with friends but that's it as i m quite uncoordinated anyway because of the dyspraxia and i'm not supposed to binge drink because of the steroids in the inhaler i take. I have in the past gone months without drinking and didnt miss it.

ReputationRep:
    I do occasionally if it's been a particularly long day, it's kinda nice to unwind if I have nothing else to do for the day. I don't make a habit of it though, it's not worth going down that road tbh
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Not often, it makes me anxious and I can't control myself if I get too drunk. I need to really trust the people with me otherwise I just won't have a good time. I also get really irritated by drunk people in general so I'm not sure it's for me. :dontknow:

The most I have is a glass of wine every now and then or something. Unless it's a rare occasion where I trust the people around me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    hate being out of control.
    So glad I'm not alone in feeling like this. The last time I got drunk it scared me so much that I haven't considered it since and the idea repulses me.

ReputationRep:
    I only have it every few months or so.
    I'm quite sensible in the sense that I don't drink too much at once, i've never gotten to the point where i'm tipsy or "out of control"

Tbh there's risks with everything, as long as you don't go overboard with it then it is fine drinking it every now and then

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.