Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's accounting, finance,maths,economics & statistics.

Any useful help or advice guys, please?

ReputationRep:
    They're similar enough. You shouldn't really have much trouble, just talk about the shared themes and why they interest you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Jeeves CP)

You d need to pick one really, you can't write a statement for multiple courses .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeeves CP)

I applied for two different courses but they were related. As your choices are quite similar (I'm guessing they're all maths based?) you can just not name the exact course 'I want to do accounting' but rather say 'I want to do this course because...' so that it applies to all of them.

Just treat it the same as a usual personal statement, try to make sure you mention skills/why you want to do it/ previous work experience you have that would suit all of the subjects but don't make it too generalised.

Sorry I don't know how helpful this was but it can be done (I've known some people to write a personal statement for sport and history) just try to sell yourself as best as you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellai)
    I applied for two different courses but they were related. As your choices are quite similar (I'm guessing they're all maths based?) you can just not name the exact course 'I want to do accounting' but rather say 'I want to do this course because...' so that it applies to all of them.

Just treat it the same as a usual personal statement, try to make sure you mention skills/why you want to do it/ previous work experience you have that would suit all of the subjects but don't make it too generalised.

Sorry I don't know how helpful this was but it can be done (I've known some people to write a personal statement for sport and history) just try to sell yourself as best as you can.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You d need to pick one really, you can't write a statement for multiple courses .
    I'm assuming this guy is talking about something like MORSE at Warwick rather than applying to all 5 subjects.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.