Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Everyone in sixth form is in a relationship... Watch

Its been half a term and everyone is already in relationships, honestly I don’t even have a crush but it still makes me feel so lonely 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    No, not everyone in sixth form is in a relationship. Don't you think focusing on revision is more important? Relationships can wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Its been half a term and everyone is already in relationships, honestly I don’t even have a crush but it still makes me feel so lonely 😂
    Sixth Form is only two years....

Don't worry about it, no need to form relationships. Chances are they will be ephemeral, anyway

nah relationships are not going to get you a PASS and you have no crush so y u lonely

(Original post by UWS)
    No, not everyone in sixth form is in a relationship. Don't you think focusing on revision is more important? Relationships can wait.
    I didnt say it wasnt

ReputationRep:
    and you should be in 6th form to study.

nah relationships are not going to get you a PASS and you have no crush so y u lonely
    Seeing everyone so infatuated in someone else is kinda sad when you’re alone as hell, sometimes having one person care about you the most is nice

ReputationRep:
    90% of those ain't even gonna last more than 2 years, y u bein so desperate boi/gyal? Uni is where the hot tings at (you can interpret this in whichever way you want) so just put yer head down and these 2 years will go by in a flash.

ReputationRep:
    No not everyone is.

(Original post by JDieMstr)
    90% of those ain't even gonna last more than 2 years, y u bein so desperate boi/gyal? Uni is where the hot tings at (you can interpret this in whichever way you want) so just put yer head down and these 2 years will go by in a flash.
    I knowwww, that’s what I’m trying to do at least

(Original post by DrawTheLine)
    No not everyone is.
    “Everyone” aka the majority

ReputationRep:
    They're just destined to fail anyway.

ReputationRep:
    And...? Why does it make you feel lonely? Don't you have any friends? If you have friends then you shouldn't feel lonely and if you can't make friends then how do you expect to get a girlfriend? Anyways, sixth form is only two years and chances are you'll leave the people in sixth form behind once you leave so it'll be difficult to maintain a relationship regardless.

ReputationRep:
    “Everyone” aka the majority
    Why not just say "most people in sixth form are in a relationship" if you don't mean "everyone"?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. I feel exactly the same way - it seems like everyone in my sixth form is in a relationship but me. And the frustrating thing is, I have a really bad crush on this girl, but I am just too afraid to ask her out. But really, don't worry, not everyone has to be in a relationship aged 16 or 17, though it may seem like you do to conform. Most people aren't mature enough at this age to have a relationship anyway, so really, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it isn't everyone. And in any case, most of those relationships won't last past sixth-form (if they even last the duration of sixth form!). A relationship may help you get the D, but it won't help you get an A*!

(Original post by TheMindGarage)
    I'm sure it isn't everyone. And in any case, most of those relationships won't last past sixth-form (if they even last the duration of sixth form!). A relationship may help you get the D, but it won't help you get an A*!
    Hahahahahah good one
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I didnt say it wasnt
    So what's the point of this thread then? Do you want advice or sympathy?

(Original post by UWS)
    ....i dont actually know to be honest...to get it off my chest?

(Original post by UWS)
    Anyway grades and relationships can easily be two mutually exclusive things

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.